Tire Recommendation

m2pc

OK, need to replace my tires. Looking into Bridgestone 950's, or LS-V (maybe H)

Anyone have the LS-V's? Recommendations? I want a good all season tire becuase of the snow we got last season.

Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus.

I think that is what I am going to. Or Aguatreds.

Snow is a concern for me too.

I am not thrilled with the Bridgestone Potenza RE92 that came stock. They ahve to go before next winter. Quite on dry pavement though.

steviej

I see your from Scituate, I in metrowest Mass. After the last winter we had last year, and my slipping and sliding on the 92's, I want something better. The LS-H & V's look decent for snow and water, but still kinda pricey on Tire rack. I was leaning towards the V's since they would have a stiffer sidewall. I'll probably buy withing two or three weeks, I'll let you know if the tires I get are any good.

michelin pilot xgt h4! :D its rated at only 130mph as oppose to the 149+ on the Michelin

Energy MXV4 Plus. lols... make me wonder who pushes their car past 130! :snoooorrrtttt: anyways, IMO the pilots feel more firm at corners and the noise level is about the same as the energy. but with the case of michelin, i guess more money buys the better tire.

Pilots are excellent. I had V rated for another car and they were excellent for the first 40K. (I drove them to the ground to 70K!) If they made V rated for the es300, I would buy them. I want the V rated for a stiffer sidewall. How are they in snow/winter driving? The Vs were not that good unfortunately.

when the blizzard hit in ny, the pilots were bitting on ice/snow quite well imo. i could back out of the driveway or move out of a spot without worry (and my car doesnt come with traction control!) braking is equally as impressive; the tires will bite with minimal or no slippage. i can say that so far, with my experience with the pilots, i havent got stuck in the snow yet! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, only been driving a few hundred miles so far, all dry pavement though.

Great grip! Takes turns with ease. Very very quite and smooth. This tire feels as it has more traction than my Pilot MXV4's and blows the stock RE 88's out of the water.

Only thing that kinda bugs me is the responsiveness. Not sure if its my imagination, but I was expecting it to be a little more responsive, not that its bad or anything, but not as responsive as the Pilots in my opinion.

Everything else is as advertised, great tire! Can't wait to test out in rain and snow.

No mention of the Continental ContiExtremeContacts. They are only $77 at TireRack and are the #2 customer rated all-weather tire. They seem wonderful from what the reviews there say. Anybody here have any experience with them?

• 5 months later...

YOKOHAMA AVS db S2 V-RATED. This is all weather tire rated best in handling, stiff sidewall, great wet and excellent dry tracktion, quite and most importantly great comfort even on V rated tire. READ OWNERS REVIEWS BELOW.

I'm buying those after 3 days of research. Forget any Michelin tire, Bridgestone, goodyear.

yo_avs_db_s2_ci2_l.jpg

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComme...commentStatus=P

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

• 4 months later...

I had the ContiExtremes and they were very grippy in wet and handled well. They were a bit too loud for me at upper hwy speeds however. I have since upgraded tires and wheels and sold the tires on Ebay. If I lived in snow country, I would consider them-especially on a tighter budget.

• 2 months later...