Two Questions For Rims On 91 Ls 400

gazhalim

Hey guys, I had two quick questions in regards to some wheels on my 91 LS 400.

My boss wants to trade me my stock tires and $700 for his 20's pictured below. I already have an extra set of tires for the winter and wanted to know if this is a good price, roughly $1000 for these tires.

Also, are 20 inch rims too big? He has a GS 300 and he said that he did not have to do any modifications to his car, but I just wanted to ask you guys since you know a lot more about tires/rims than I do. Thanks in advance for your time,

http://ohdam.com/pimp/johncar2.jpg

Why is he getting rid of his 20's to begin with?   :blink:    :unsure:

:cheers:

I'm sorry, he is selling his car, but doesn't want to include the rims with the car, that's why he's taking my stock rims...

I personally would not put those rims on a LS they don't even look good on the GS. Way too gaudy for my taste but to each his/her own. :whistles:

I'm sorry, he is selling his car, but doesn't want to include the rims with the car, that's why he's taking my stock rims...

I personally would not put those rims on a LS they don't even look good on the GS. Way too gaudy for my taste but to each his/her own.:whistles:

I like them though, but I wanted to see if the price is right and if it would have issues with the suspension...

I personally would not put those rims on a LS they don't even look good on the GS. Way too gaudy for my taste but to each his/her own.:whistles:

I'm with DC on this one, but whatever floats your boat. I think they are too big personally.

I'm with DC on this one, but whatever floats your boat. I think they are too big personally.

gazhalim,

See if your boss will let you mount them on your Ls for a week or so. Then you be the judge. Keep in mind, 20 tires leave little sidewall. The road feel and sound will be very different from stock.

I agree, if you like the look then investigate, but let you ears, hands and butt be the judge. What looks great may ride like crap.

Don't buy until you can test them out and feel how the car actually rides.

steviej