After Market Head Unit.

drake1820

Please help!!! I am installing an Alpine head unit using a scosche wiring harness. Everything is hooked up, but the amp will not turn on!! I see that the second factory harness has 2 wires w/ 2.4V on each, and this is definately some sort of amp turn on for the factory unit. How can I get the amp to turn on for the Alpine unit????

• 2 months later...
Please help!!!  I am installing an Alpine head unit using a scosche wiring harness.  Everything is hooked up, but the amp will not turn on!!  I see that the second factory harness has 2 wires w/ 2.4V on each, and this is definately some sort of amp turn on for the factory unit.  How can I get the amp to turn on for the Alpine unit????

after buying an aftermarket unit, where did you get the "face" to fit the console, since the stock cd player with tape is not "aftermarket " size...

• 1 year later...

Please help!!! I am installing an Alpine head unit using a scosche wiring harness. Everything is hooked up, but the amp will not turn on!! I see that the second factory harness has 2 wires w/ 2.4V on each, and this is definately some sort of amp turn on for the factory unit. How can I get the amp to turn on for the Alpine unit????

uhhh, where exactly did you get this wire harness because i looked for one everywhere and finally gave up and had my alpine installed at a audio shop. PM me and please tell me.

• 4 months later...

you need another harness for the amp, i have seen them at circuit city and on ebay...

here is one on ebay...

ebay link

EDIT: oops didn't realize the original date of this thread...anyway, still good info for anyone new...