Rx300 Headlight Buzzer

rlin78

Guys,

I just bought a 99 RX300 and I am loving it so far. There is one strange thing that really bothers me maybe someone can help me out. I know you can switch your headlights to auto and it will automatically turn on/off the headlights. But I prefer to have more control over when I turn on/off the headlights, so I choose to use manually switch the headlights on/off.

Problem with that there is no warning buzzer warning me that I have left my headlights on when I turn off the car :blushing: . This is not exceptable for a luxury car like the Rx300, especially when this simple feature is found in many economy cars. I missing something here? Any comments are welcome.

I have no clue, sorry. I have never heard of a buzzer going off when the lighs are on.

There is a buzzer when you have the keys in the ignition though...

The only noise i have ever heard of relating to headlights are when the xenon bulbs make a buzzing noise when they first heat up. You 99 doesn't have senon's though...

there is no buzzer period. thats all there is to it. BUT ur not outa luck. all lexus vehicles automatically turn off headlights when u turn off the engine and close all the doors. Just give it like 30 seconds. its designed to do this. if u dont want to wait the 30 seconds for it to turn off, lock ur doors by pressing lock, then push the lock button again. the next time u turn on ur car, the headlights will be on.