Cricket Cell Phone Service

denslexusgx470

I know that in my area, there is no Cricket cell phone service. They are just openning up the service and stores at 12 midnight tonite. Now I've been looking at their website, but it doesn't really give that much info and pricing plans. My questions about Cricket is:

1. What network are they on??? GSM or CDMA of their own??

2. How much is an extra line to their $45 a month plan (the one on the website)

3. Are they a good company??? drop calls??? good or bad signals???

4. Do they share towers with other companies???

Reason why I'm asking is that if it sounds like a good deal, I'd switch to it. Thanks in advance..

Denny B)

yea, but it's really confusing!!! :wacko: one guy says that the service area is limited, u have to pay in advance (one month), voicemail and Caller ID are extra (????) ...

one guy said that they are on a TDMA network and are switching to GSM sometime at the end of the year or next year. hmmm, i'll just see how the company works here with other people before i consider switching... :whistles: ;)

thanks for the site!!! B)

Edited by denslexusgx470

I don't think there's a yes or no answer for that question. I have Verizon and hate it because I roam and drop calls on a daily basis while others swear by their service. Cingular is the best here. I guess it's all based on who has access to what towers and where they are.

I don't think there's a yes or no answer for that question. I have Verizon and hate it because I roam and drop calls on a daily basis while others swear by their service. Cingular is the best here. I guess it's all based on who has access to what towers and where they are.

yea, that was my main question. does cricket use other company's towers (like cingular used to) or do they have their own tower?? from researching from 2 sites, it seems that it's not really widely used (for now) so i'm wondering if they've got their own tower or not. :wacko::blink:

most startups never have their own network only a lease based subscription from larger companies.

i guess so. Does this apply also (the sharing of towers) even though they have their own network (was it TDMA) or something??? :blink: