Awd May Be More Popular Than Fwd

tealboy

I was surprised to learn how popular AWD is on the Rx300 and 330. Reading consumer reviews in Edmunds, the vehicle is split between awd and fwd and the figures were appx 91 responses in total (for the 330), with around 69 for the AWD version.

There have been a number of negative comments about the awd version of the 300, but given it's popularity, some degree of failure would be anticipated. Of course, catastrophic problems like the tranny failure are concerning, but i still don't think it is that widespread given the number of such vehicles on the road.

Did you think the AWD is that much more popular than the FWD? I guess it depends on where you live b/c in florida, the awd is not very popular, though that is the one i want.

The transmission failures don't usually occur until the car has criven a TON of miles. Who knows how an AWD rx300 will be when it reaches over 200,000 miles. No one has reached that many yet!

All i know is that its possible for them to break in the AWD models.

AWD RX330's are rare in southern California as well as in Florida. AWD eats more gasoline and is more complicated to maintain. So in some respects AWD is a downgrade. An alternative to AWD in cold climates is to install a set of dedicated snow tires in winter such as Bridgestone Blizzaks.