Pimp My Ride

uthorns1976

I get a kick out of watching Pimp My Ride on MTV. Anybody have any idea how

much they spend fixing up those old clunkers???

I wonder how long those pimp'ed rides last on the street before they are stolen or stripped?? The rims and tires alone have to cost serious bucks.

Anywhere from $25-$35k on each car. In a couple of episodes, the WCC team decided to not even bother finxing up the junkers, but rather buy completely new cars, and modify those instead. 1 episode that really *BLEEP*ed me off was when they took a 2005 4Runner Limited and painted it an ugly color with dumb graphics, and put a plasma TV where the spare tire should be, so the owner could watch TV while working on his car. A waste in my eyes.

In another car, when changing the steering wheel, they removed both the driver and passenger airbags. After this happened, the owner's inurance company sued MTV for liability issues if the owner got into an accident. :rolleyes:

In buisness very little costs anything especially when it comes to TV.

Say it is an average of

2000 for paint

2000 for bodywork

500 for custom interior

500 for TV's

500 for audio

500 for 10 hours of custom stereo work

1000 for performance

1000 for rims and tires

Total less than 10 000

Most if not all parts are freebies ,which is why they always mention who got them and how amazing every single part is.Free advertising.

So the actual out of pocket cost is around 3000 which is mainly for labour for workers cleanign crap and rust up.

Persoanlly i get sick looking at how stupid they make a car look.

So much potential and they turn a POS car into a flashy bling POS car.

Just like the idiot driving a cherokee i saw on the 427 today, he;s going like he thinks he is pimp with his hand spray can painted 2 tone finish with dark and light spots everwhere and the lower half is the brightest neon green i have seen on a car.

People do the stupidest things to think they look cool.

Anywhere from $25-$35k on each car.  In a couple of episodes, the WCC team decided to not even bother finxing up the junkers, but rather buy completely new cars, and modify those instead.  1 episode that really *BLEEP*ed me off was when they took a 2005 4Runner Limited and painted it an ugly color with dumb graphics, and put a plasma TV where the spare tire should be, so the owner could watch TV while working on his car.  A waste in my eyes.

In another car, when changing the steering wheel, they removed both the driver and passenger airbags.  After this happened, the owner's inurance company sued MTV for liability issues if the owner got into an accident.  :rolleyes:

I agree on the paint jobs. The guy always sprays some crazy color.

The other night, they took an old Chevelle ragtop. The top was completely gone. Original color was red. They painted it some bright green color with stripes and made it look like an SS. If they had just painted it red, put on a new top and the SS stuff, it would have been a cool car. A real classic. But, they went for the serious bling. Too bad.

That's really wild about the insurance thing. I never thought of something like that.

Also, does one of the WCC guys really have spikes stuck through the skin below his lower lip. That's pretty hard core.

yup..i think its mad mike

Mad Mike is the electronics guy. Another guy does the paint.

Wonder what happened to Q, the manager. Guess Ryan, the owner, gave him the boot and took over???

While I don't care for their paint jobs, I have to admit that a lot of their interior ideas are pretty cool.