Looking For Pictures Of Non-silver Rx400

Just ordered my RX400 yesterday.

Only got to choose the color. But I can't seem to find any decent pictures of non-silver RX's.

I'd like to compare a few real world pic's, not the one's from the colour chooser on the lexus homepage.

Anyone there who can help me out?

Thanks!

Dan

Just ordered my RX400 yesterday.

Only got to choose the color. But I can't seem to find any decent pictures of non-silver RX's.

I'd like to compare a few real world pic's, not the one's from the colour chooser on the lexus homepage.

Anyone there who can help me out?

Thanks!

Dan

Dan...I can help you out somewhat since I have seen some of the colors in person. The black is as expected...black. That's what my brother bought. When my brother bought his black one, they had a bamboo one as well. It's a very pretty color but in certain lights, it has a slight green cast to it. That's why he passed on it. But, as I said, it is a very nice color. Personally, I don't care for the Savannah but that's just my opinion and no offense is meant. Hope this info. is helpful to you.

Did you get to choose your interior color?? My brother's has the ivory interior. The dash is black and the carpet is a very light color that will show a lot of dirt. The silver interior is very light as well and the dash that comes with silver interior is also very dark. I almost wish that he would have gotten the black interior, which I have not seen, since I assume the black interior has black carpet, which would not show all the dirt and the interior would match the black dash. But, a black on black car in Texas, USA is too darn hot. Black exterior is bad enough.

Dan,

For the exterior colors, we just went to the Lexus lot and looked at the RX330's. The exteriors are the same colors and we found looking at them in real life more useful than pictures. Since we were on planning on the purchase for a long time before they came out, we did this several times to see them under different kinds of light. The colors used are all too reflective and affected by the ambient conditions to get a good idea of how they really will look from a picture.

The harder one is the interior color since the colors do look different with the brushed aluminum. I think the black interior looks sharpest but we have the same problem as uthorn's brother - it is climatically undesireable for us. In any case, for some of the exterior colors, there is no choice on the interior color. I thought the black (or actually very dark gray/charcoal) dash looked weird with the ivory interior at first, but after driving the car for a bit I realized it is more practical than a light dash because it avoids the reflection of the dash in the windshield that one gets from a light dash with the windshield angle. I'm happy with the ivory interior. The floor mats do show dirt but since much of the dirt we have is tracked in leaf matter so would black ones.

If you can, you might want to visit dealers to see the three interior colors.

Dan,

For the exterior colors, we just went to the Lexus lot and looked at the RX330's. The exteriors are the same colors and we found looking at them in real life more useful than pictures. Since we were on planning on the purchase for a long time before they came out, we did this several times to see them under different kinds of light. The colors used are all too reflective and affected by the ambient conditions to get a good idea of how they really will look from a picture.

The harder one is the interior color since the colors do look different with the brushed aluminum. I think the black interior looks sharpest but we have the same problem as uthorn's brother - it is climatically undesireable for us. In any case, for some of the exterior colors, there is no choice on the interior color. I thought the black (or actually very dark gray/charcoal) dash looked weird with the ivory interior at first, but after driving the car for a bit I realized it is more practical than a light dash because it avoids the reflection of the dash in the windshield that one gets from a light dash with the windshield angle. I'm happy with the ivory interior. The floor mats do show dirt but since much of the dirt we have is tracked in leaf matter so would black ones.

If you can, you might want to visit dealers to see the three interior colors.

Here are some other colors.

post-1634-1122486772_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1122486792_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1122486809_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1122486826_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1122486857_thumb.jpg

dcfish, I think those prove my point. I think the first one is Bamboo Pearl or the Savannah, but I can't decide which from the picture and it doesn't look much like the color in real life.

Also, even with the best picture, I find that the color makes a different impression when you look at 5 inches of it on a picture or paint chip versus 8 feet of it on the side of a car.

I forgot to mention in my post that the RX400H colors are a subset of the RX330 colors. The dark green color for instance isn't offered.

dcfish, I think those prove my point. I think the first one is Bamboo Pearl or the Savannah, but I can't decide which from the picture and it doesn't look much like the color in real life.

Also, even with the best picture, I find that the color makes a different impression when you look at 5 inches of it on a picture or paint chip versus 8 feet of it on the side of a car.

I forgot to mention in my post that the RX400H colors are a subset of the RX330 colors. The dark green color for instance isn't offered.

Patt, you made some excellent points about the dash. Hadn't thought about the glare factor if the dash was light color.

Regarding the interior colors, the ivory and silver are both very light colors. So, there's not a heck of a lot of difference. With a black exterior, I think either ivory or silver is fine. Of course, with other exterior colors, you wouldn't have a choice. For example, silver wouldn't go with Savannah, would it??? Nope. Also, black interior is limited as well. What exterior color did you choose??

As I stated earlier, I think the Bamboo is a nice color. Personally, it was my second choice after black. It's different.

Patt, you made some excellent points about the dash.  Hadn't thought about the glare factor if the dash was light color.

Regarding the interior colors, the ivory and silver are both very light colors.  So, there's not a heck of a lot of difference.  With a black exterior, I think either ivory or silver is fine.  Of course, with other exterior colors, you wouldn't have a choice.  For example, silver wouldn't go with Savannah, would it???  Nope.  Also, black interior is limited as well.  What exterior color did you choose??

As I stated earlier, I think the Bamboo is a nice color.  Personally, it was my second choice after black.  It's different.

Black exterior isn't a great color to have in California since it heats up a lot in our sunny hot summers. Also, my very practical husband likes to stay with a light color for night time visibility. We went with Savannah. Silver tones have become so widely used that the silver looks too ordinary to me - perhaps also because silver is so common. Also the silver only comes with black or grey interior and I prefere the ivory. The savannah is light enough for us and we like the color. At first I liked Bamboo slightly better. In some light conditions it is difficult to tell the difference between the two. After looking at the colors for a while we both decided we liked the savannah more. That exterior only comes with ivory interior. As you point out, it wouldn't really go with the grey interior. The bamboo allows you to choose either the ivory or the grey but I think the ivory goes better with it.

The blue is really pretty but darker than we wanted to go. The Lexus white is really nice for a white with its pearl effect, but it still looks too stark for my tastes.

My least favorite interior is the grey. It just doesn't seem to go well with the brushed aluminum. The colors are too close to each other for good contrast but not the same tone enough like they make a good tone on tone effect.

The color patches in the brochures and on the Lexus website don't look much like the actual colors to me - especially the savannah and the bamboo.

Good to see I'm not the only one with those problems around.

As for the interior, I was almost decided for the black, I have tan leather in my BMW right know, and while I like the looks, it gets dirty really quickly (esp. in the summer, when you sweat and are wearing a pair of new blue jeans ;) ). And I'm afraid light grey is the same.

As for the exterior, silver I really like, but as mentionned there are quite a lot of them around. But I like how the black accessories (rails, radiator mesh, tinted windows) match the silver. And from behind with the crystal rear lights, I think silver looks the best.

Bamboo and Savannah are the other choices, but I haven't seen them for real yet, so it's hard to tell. Must go to my dealers and try to spot some RX300.

Dark grey looks great but is a no as my business partner already went for that one and I think it picks up dirt and dust way to fast (goes for black as well).

White no, question of personal taste.

Not much left then.

Damn, some hard choices to make :unsure:

I think the millenium silver is the best with the tail lights that are silver, and the black accents, in the rear bumper, roof rack, spoiler, and the aluminum wheels. Bamboo pearl is also handsome in some lights however it is a color that changes with its surroundings, and can go green. In the Pacific Northwest Bamboo Pearl is the hardest color to come by, many people on the waiting list have been passed over while others who have waited less time go for the black, silver and flint micas comming in. I have the light gray interior and i like the color, however as you guessed it does not hide any soil. I am the only driver and I find myself detailing the inside twice a week to keep up. I did have the leather protected with a sealant at the dealer. I wish there was an option for a charcoal interior, my friend has a new Solara convertible black with charcoal inside and i think that would be perfect with a silver 400h.

I think the millenium silver is the best with the tail lights that are silver, and the black accents, in the rear bumper, roof rack, spoiler, and the aluminum wheels.  Bamboo pearl is also handsome in some lights however it is a color that changes with its surroundings, and can go green.  In the Pacific Northwest Bamboo Pearl is the hardest color to come by, many people on the waiting list have been passed over while others who have waited less time go for the black, silver and flint micas comming in.  I have the light gray interior and i like the color, however as you guessed it  does not hide any soil.  I am the only driver and I find myself detailing the inside twice a week to keep up.  I did have the leather protected with a sealant at the dealer.  I wish there was an option for a charcoal interior, my friend has a new Solara convertible black with charcoal inside  and i think that would be perfect with a silver 400h.

katz...I agree with you. My brother was here today in his black 400h, ivory interior. The dash is dk. grey, not black as I thought previously. A matching interior would be really nice. Personally, I don't like the contrasting dash but it's not my ride.

As has been discussed here at length, I think overall the color combinations on the 400h leave a lot to be desired. :(