Ect Power

what is this ECT power button on my lexus? what's it do and should i ever use it?

and they still don't know what's wrong with the car. the mechanic is on vacation for another week so i have to wait until then for anymore info. i was told he thinks there is something wrong with the fuel system or something that makes the car have trouble accelerating in the morning.

also, any cheap tricks to making the lower panel stay? (the ugly darker color on the car) it got stuck in the dir when the door was opened and popped out of place.

the ect button only drags the gears to shift at a higher rpm because thats were the most horsepower is on the es.it was explained i think before about the button in a different thread so just do a search and you will find it.

apparently they had the button in the base 1996 camry too but took it out for the 97-99 models ( i don't know about the new ones)

also, on the 92 es300, was the ES300 label on the taillight or on the top right of the rear?

taillight. and you shouldnt remove it either-theres a big ugly indentation behind it. i thought about moving mine up to the trunk, but changed my mind upon discovering that when i took my taillights apart to do the clear signals mod.