Found Out Where I Am Stationed

ArmyofOne

Im Going to Ft Drum New York, on october 30th.  i will probably be deploying to iraq shortly thereafter.  just wanted to let you all know.  be back in a week!

take it easy out there Josh. ;) B)

Im Going to Ft Drum New York, on october 30th.  i will probably be deploying to iraq shortly thereafter.  just wanted to let you all know.  be back in a week!

I was stationed at Fort Drum, Watertown, NY about 1951, before shipping out to Korea. At the time I was at this encampment it was called Camp Drum. I was with the 306th. Special Service unit. My rank was Captain....er, Private, oh I forgot which. hehe :wacko:

Good luck

I was stationed at Fort Drum, Watertown, NY about 1951, before shipping out to Korea. At the time I was at this encampment it was called Camp Drum. I was with the 306th. Special Service unit. My rank was Captain....er, Private, oh I forgot which. hehe :wacko:

Good luck

is it nice country out there? i have to change my plans as to what kind of car to buy now. i have a snowmobile, so an LS or ES is almost out of the question. however, if i can find a used RX (99 or 00) for relatively cheap (under 16,500) then maybe i can get a lexus. otherwise it will have to be a Jeep Wrangler or a F-150. has to be 4x4 and able to tow a Ski-Doo 650cc single seat snomobile.

an LS/SC/GS like i originally wanted is out of the question, seeing as they get ALOT of snow up there.

The country around upstate NY is beautiful. I remember driving up to Montreal, Canada on a few occasions. The distance was about 60 miles.

Since you aren't going to be stationed at Ft. Drum for a long time I wouldn't consider buying a car.....you'll probably ship out before the weather gets cold, so snow isn't going to be a problem. Rent a car instead. Snow accumulations usually don't start until about November or later.

Hey man, you will love it. I grew up in Syracuse so Camp Drum has always been close to my heart. The good news is that you are in the heart of the snowbelt and the heart of snowmobile country. Buy yourself a monster sled and hook up with some sledder dudes. We use to rip through the country all night on them and they only went 100mph back then.

Good luck on your new billet.

• 1 month later...
Hey man, you will love it.  I grew up in Syracuse so Camp Drum has always been close to my heart.  The good news is that you are in the heart of the snowbelt and the heart of snowmobile country.  Buy yourself a monster sled and hook up with some sledder dudes.  We use to rip through the country all night on them and they only went 100mph back then.

Good luck on your new billet.

Thanks guys, its been awhile since i have been on.

Im taking over the payments on my moms chrysler. my dad didnt sell the es250, he is repairing it. it will be there when i get there. but i am going to take the concorde to NY probably. it does good in the snow, survived 2 alaska winters no problem. Anchorage gets wayyyyyyyyyy ymore snow than Ft. Drum. i have seen over 5 feet fall in 36 hrs. so it does ok, it will be fine. My mom owes 12k, the caris worth like 9k so i said i would write her a check for 10k and call it even. and she said, deal.

at any rate, all is quiet on the eastern front. tty in 20 days!