1st Gen Gs300 Motor Swap?

im thinking very seriously about about picking up a 1st gen gs300. i just looked up quarter mile times and to say the least, i am a bit turned off by the 16.8 time.

so now i am wondering how likely is it to get a 4.0 swapped into the 1st gen GS?

thanks guys.

seems like a sweet forum.

Yah good luck!You would be better off with a supra swap.

Hes right, you would be better off with a Supra Swap. Or just turbo the car. Get a nice FMAX Turbonetics Kit. I'm sure it would be cheaper than swapping a 4.0 or even the GTE. With the Turbo kit you can also choose to upgrade later, of course with a 4.0 you could do a super charger.

O well, its all about money really.

Turbo Kit + Install = prolly round 6000 or 7000

4.0 Engine + Install = prolly round 10000

Of course I'm not quite sure of the swap price or how much a new engine would cost, but I'm sure you will be as happy with a turbo kit as you would be with a 4.0.

Jacob

• 3 weeks later...

Are the GTE motors a direct bolt in? or could you do like a head swap or something? :blink:

i think i read in this forum somewhere that one of the GTE turbo hits the GS300 sidewall in the engine bay, of course if you went with a single turbo, it could probably fit, then again i'm not expert...

btw, ive pieced together a kit for my car for $2500, if you guys are interested in the same stuff let me know.

the way i have it pieced together i will be making over 350rwhp...