Stock Horse Power For A 96 Ls400

bbsal

reason im asking is because i currently have a 95 es300 and a frend of mine at a local car dealer has a 96 ls400 with 68,000 miles for 7500 dollars and its black on black and in great shape so i was looking to buy it and give me es to my wife but just wanted to know what kind of mods are out there for it.

he also has a 1998 gs400 with 48,000 miles and i could get that for 11,500 dollars.what do you guys think would be best?im up in the air with it right now and would like some adivice

white with tan inside.im kind of itching on the gs because the price is great and my freind allways hooks me up.i bought my es off him and never really had any trouble with it and plus he gives a hell of a warentee.

well i seen 300 hp for the gs 400 and plus it has the optional 17 inch crome wheels so im really starting to itch towards it.but it said 300hp for a 2000 not 98 so maybe its different.im not as familiar with the gs as the es so i have to start reading to learn more about it because i think i might go for it.

sorry the ls is too pimp for me

i like to drive and drive hard so i need to feel the road not fall asleep

lol

but i feel the same way white just doesn't do it for me

the blue or black

that is it or

nothing else for me

with black interior also

i have 96 ls and yes i t has 260 hp, as to mods, i cant find anything decent and worht putting in. and the price.....

this is the cheapest price ive ever heard for 1996. something is fishy about Ls with low mileage going for 7.5 k go to ebay and check for the real prices.

i got mine with 90+ k miles a year ago for 13k and i consider it the best deal.

i got it on the auction. and on the dealer lots they are still at least 15k with 130+k miles on them. But if you can get that car for this price, buy both of them and then sell another one on ebay:)

Gs is not a better deal, as to the horsepower i know in 98 they had 300 hp for sure, 10 hp more then a regual 1UZFE from LS. my friend has 98 black on black GS and i cannot even compare the way it handles the road and LS. nothing can beat the LS. and as to acceleration, on the track he did 1/4 mile in 14.8 and i did on 15.6. so not a big differences. even GS 430 with aftermarket torque convertr did 14.3

plus fully loaded GS costs 54 while base LS starts at 55. and it means more features and more quality. GO FOR LS!!!! :D B)

Well the color was the only thing killing me about the gs but its way more sporter looking so i decided to go with it.as for the prices its my good good freind who owns the lot so he never charges me up on the price.he gets them from trade ins from a contact in a lexus dealership near me and all of his cars are very very clean.i trust him completely and know i will have a great car.also the gs is a 1 owner and was always serviced at the lexus dealer so thats why i made the decition to buy that.thanks for everyones input!

sorry the ls is too pimp for me

i like to drive and drive hard so i need to feel the road not fall asleep

lol

but i feel the same way white just doesn't do it for me

the blue or black

that is it or

nothing else for me

with black interior also

yep thats why i still love my es because its black on black.since im getting a great deal on the gs maybe i will just get it professinally painted black.what do you think the dealer would charge?lol probably a ton!

same stuff you can do whith LS model, look at the lextreme example :)

let me know if you want to know what u can do with ur LS

pity that u didnt became on of US:) have fun with ur GS, its a good car also but not as good as LS:)

LS RULEZ FOREVA!!!!! :D

hey im not doubting the ls but i think its more for people that like the extreme softness and quietness of a car.im more for luxurys and speed.the gs diffenitly has both of them.