Air Suspension Replacement Necessary?

Diana

Hello All,

I am new to the board. My husband and I bought a 90 LS400 in April for what we thought was a good deal ($5k) I would be interested in knowing if you all think that was a fair price.

But we are very happy with the car, except one problem:the air suspension. A few weeks after we got the car, the entire thing leaned to the right. We took it to the dealer and paid $1500 to replace the front right strut, which when I called Midas they said was similar to what they would charge.

Now, I have noticed a very slight difference in the height of the car over the tire. The rear left strut seems slightly higher than the rear right one when parked. Should the car have that strut replaced? Or I guess I better question would be, will it damage the car to not fix it?

It would be about another thousand and the a/c and some other problems have some up with our other car, an old civic...

I'm glad to see that there are many people who enjoy their late model Lexuses!

Thanks

-Diana

it might be that your old strut just doesnt hold all the air after you park. so it falls a little is your garage or driveway flat? there are sensors i think, that try to keep the car level. my one does that when parked on uneaven places like in my driveway i have a slant under my left rear tire so the left suspension is extended about two inches more than my right but the car stays level :lol:

Well, the car is parked on a slant when it does this for the most part. Our parking lot at the apartment slopes downhill. The funny thing is, the car slants in the direction of the slope, so that it looks tilted at the same angle as the slope.

Sometimes, though, it does do this a little bit on what appear to me to be level surfaces.

Thanks!

Diana,

If you are not looking for performance. I would save the $1500 and go to junk yard and get the oem shocks and springs, they are about $60 a pair. Place an ad in this forum. U might get it for free. Most young people have after market shocks and springs and they have no use for the stock stuffs. Ask around. You can get a complete after market shocks and springs for about $750 or so. Dont waste your money. Remember other shocks are about to go bad too.

Good luck and enjoy the car.

david