Rx330 Wood Trim

LexKid630

Yes. When they RX debuted they had the ride and drive with the competitve vehicles and that was a key point against some of the other vehicles.

Have you seen an actual peice off of the car?

yes. its paper thin

this is pulled from a Lexus site with product details:

Lavishly appointed interior with genuine Walnut or Golden Bird’s-eye Maple wood trim

Lexus Memory System (Available)

Multi-panel moonroof (Available)

Multifunctional center console with sliding drawers, push-button open/close and illuminated storage

One-touch power windows with jam protection

Again...have you seen the trim peices off of the car? I have and when you compare them with other Lexus trim peices the trim on the RX330 is definately plastic. I don't feel like continuing to beat a dead horse though so I'm out. Lexkid, you're on your own lol

ive been following this thread, and its so funny to me. what does it matter if the wood is fake or real, either way u still needa drive the car. dont mean to sound blunt or anything but yeah. just one more thing, on one of the posts, someone said the rx330 is the first to use imitation wood...lets just say the ones on the doors are real, wheres the fake? on the center consule?

The fake is everything but the steering wheel and shifter.

It really doesn't matter. Fact is the imitation wood is one of several steps Lexus took in the RX330 to keep the cost down to a manageable level. You get a lot of vehicle in the RX330 for the money, a lot of space and a LOT of features the competition doesn't have. They've got to make up the cost somewhere.

Cost cutting I've found in the RX330:

-Cheaper plastics used in some trim than I've ever seen on a Lexus

-The imitation wood

-Gentex generic rearview (this is becoming common in Lexus though)

-Single stitched leather as opposed to triple stitched on every other Lexus but the GX470 (which is also obviously built to a cost)

-More vinyl in touch areas than other models

Fact is the market has changed. In 1990 people were willing to sacrifice features for supreme quality, they aren't anymore. Can't have both at a price point you like. The RX330 simply doesn't have the room for over-engineering an LS or even an ES does.

thats really true, the car is actually pretty cheap base price. I actually dont think its that inexpensive if u spring for everything, about 50 grand. so its final, the door wood is fake? u guys really notice everything, the single stitch in the leather...i just go into the car, drive, then im outa there. :blink:

They're about 48k fully loaded, but look at the kinds of things you get for the money compared to the competition, its still a very well priced vehicle. In something like say a GS300 you have room to put more over-engineered bits in for 48k because you have less substance you need to build.

lol so were both sitting here on our comps refreshing the page every minute to see if someone responded.  :D anyways, yeah its a pretty good deal. yawn going to bed

What else are we supposed to be up to that late at night LOL.

Looks like you lasted longer than I did ;)