Not Happy With New Gx

89vette

I just picked up a new GX for my wife. I have to say so far we are extremely unhappy with the vehicle. She was driving an 02 Escalade and compared to the GX, it drives like a smaller car than the GX. I did not get the special suspension option because wanted the ivory interior. The thing we both hate the most is the horrible body roll. I can't believe that more people do not complain about this. This coupled with seats that offer no lateral support, you slide all over the place when diving around corners. What's the deal with this? I drive an H2 HUMMER and the GX feels like a walrus compared to it. My other complaints are that it sometimes clunks when you stop (I have red about this), a cheap CD changer cartridge, the fact that you must appease the lawyers by pressing "I Agree" every time you start it, the extremely touchy brakes and the Mark Levinson speakers buzz. :cries:

I will say the motor is smooth and the interior fit and finish is better than anything I have owned from GM. This is my first non GM car and since it is a LEXUS, I think I expected too much. I just feel like smashing it and my wife just wants to keep the Escalade. Sorry about ranting but I'm just ticked off and feel like telling someone. Worse yet, I leased it (I have always bought) and I am stuck with this car for 39 months.

Will agree with you on the Lexus fit and finish being far superior. The

cadillac is nothing but a chevy with a different badge. The one I rode in had just as much body roll as my Avalanche and former

suburban. The stereo seems far superior to the GM Bose that is

in Caddy and Chevy. You get a buzz out of lexus I get a rattle

unclear sound out of Bose. I get the feel my Toyota and lexus

will be a more solid vehicle than GM at the same age. Trim parts

are starting show signs of wear on the GM but I expect this from

GM on an 02. Just put the clips, plastic whatever in a compartment

in the back, hey might run across where they go someday LOL.

Sorry your having a bad experience

GM has always done a great job building rear wheel drive cars / trucks that excel in high speed handling and cornering while Toyota / Lexus cars / trucks emphasize refinement and lasting reliability / durability.

Cadillac understands this and rather than trying to compete with Lexus on refinement, reliability & durability, fit, finish, etc., Cadillac has successfully been building cars that appeal to enthusiast / spirited driver.

I also want to add that I just found out there is no tilt on the passenger seat????? :angry:

As I said I agree that the interior is superior to the GM especially the H2. The quality of the interior and the Lexus reputation made me choose it over the SRX I was considering. I also like the sound of the Lexus V8. The SRX on the interior was quite poor. My absolute biggest complaint though is the body roll. I will be doing research on equipping it with larger sway bars.

I have the Sport Package which includes the KDSS suspension and I have the Ivory seats but has the black upper trim. I like the contrasting two tone look that would have cost a few thousand extra to get on my Maserati. After driving numerous SUV's over the years the first thing I noticed on my GX was almost no body roll at all when going around a corner at a high rate of speed. My brother also bought a GX less the KDSS and his does have some body roll but still it was better than past SUV's I have driven

Not really sure what a SRX is but thinking its the smaller more

station wagon version. If got the right one wouldnt that be placed

on a more car like platform. Allowing for more sport handling

low profile tires and suspension set up.

Man has Caddy changed spirited driving, those two use to never

go together LOL. It use to be hit the brake and body would

separate from the frame Has the resale value improved all

the guides put Cadillac at the worst on this

Not really sure what a SRX is  but thinking its the smaller more

station wagon version.    If got the right one wouldnt that be placed

on a more car like platform.  Allowing for more sport handling

low profile  tires and suspension set up. 

Man has Caddy changed  spirited driving,  those two use to never

go together LOL.  It use to be hit the brake and body would

separate from the frame  Has the resale value improved  all

the guides put Cadillac at the worst on this

I owned an 04 Cadillac CTS, which shares its basic platform and drivetrain with the SRX. It was a nice handling car, but it's interior quality and fit and finish stunk. There were rattles galore, that took two dealers, and three months worth of my complaining to finally get fixed. The final rattles I had to take care of myself, the dealers didn't know how. I ended up spending a few bucks and about twenty minutes of my time stuffing strips of fiberglass insulation up through a small opening by the glove box latch, up into the passenger side of the dash until it was packed solid.

That fixed the last of the rattles, but geez, this was a cadillac, why did I have to do that? I've had my GX since 10/1/2004, and in that time, not one thing has gone wrong. No rattles, no squeeks, no nothing.

i dont prefer GM...it has ugly interiors.....and has been known to have the crapiest car manufacturers that walk this planet...cough saturn cough......saab....wanna be luxory....chevy...interiors is like a calculater...one screen and bunch of buttons....cadi...not known for reliability......pontiac........gimme a break.......1 in like 100 cars is a pontiac.....geeze....listen to me GM is not the way to go.....

Great news! I called the dealer first thing Monday morning and he had not sent in the lease papers. I was able to buy the car instead so now I can sell it and get into something I like better. Hopefully the newly designed Escalade coming out next year will be to my liking. It is "supposed" to have a huge improvement in interior refinement and quality, a six speed automatic and cylinder deactivation for improved gas mileage. One good thing is that the GX holds its value really well. To each his own I guess.

Hope you like the vehicle. But its still a Silverado/Suburban. When

they change them than Caddy will change. Caddy is a follower in

some of its line now, not a leader. Cadillac just has lost its appeal

to me, no more "Standard of the World" and wont get it back !!!

But at least you were able to get rid of the GX.