Key Programming Didnt Work.

ED.

I tried both sets of instructions the ones that came with it and the ones from this site and neither worked. So then I called Lexus and asked them how much it would cost, my orginal intenet was to go to a Toyota dealer but I wanted to ask Lexus if it was the same procedure, and when the lady came back on the phone she said it was FREE!!! All it would would take is about 30 minutes. So tomorrow at 9am I find out if this remote works. It should since both codes are the same. If not I am gonna send it back to the guy I bought it from.

thanks

i had the same problem but i got the remote thats built into the key only to find out that the key is cut differently which of course i should have known and i cant program the remote all the fcc# are the same though so i was thinking of buying an uncut key without the fob and getting it cut at a locksmith then put the fob that i bought into it and see if the dealer up here will program it for free what do you think ed?will this work?the part about getting a ke cut by a locksmith its still cheaper than what the dealer will charge for one and im already commited

I forgot your year had the different key. I am not sure if a locksmith can cut a Lexus key? If he can I would then go to Lexus and explain your situation. If one says no then I would go to the next and so on. If they all say no I would try Toyota. They might be able to program it for you. Worse case you could come down to St. Louis and go to the place where I'm goin : )

thanks

I forgot your year had the different key. I am not sure if a locksmith can cut a Lexus key? If he can I would then go to Lexus and explain your situation. If one says no then I would go to the next and so on. If they all say no I would try Toyota. They might be able to program it for you. Worse case you could come down to St. Louis and go to the place where I'm goin :  )

thanks

im not too pressed about it right now but i will let you know what happens

I just got back from the Lexus dealer. I gave them the new remote and old remote/key and in about 10 minutes he handed us both and said thanks. I wonder what i was doing wrong?

thanks