Sc430 Roof Rattles

stitch52

I'm new here, and I'd really appreciate any feedback from SC430 owners who can relate to my "issue". I have a new, 2005 SC430 (approx. 450 miles). When driving at virtually any speed, changes in grade at overpasses, or even minor unevenness in the road surfaces will cause a loud rattle in the inside of the roof strut on the left side (when the top is up) on the left side, behind the driver's ear. The dealer has been great, and they're working on trying to quiet the car down for the fifth time in two weeks. The people in the Lexus Customer Satisfaction group have gone out of their way to be unresponsive to my requests for assistance, which was quite a shock initially, given what I consider to be Lexus' well-deserved stellar customer service reputation at the dealer level.

So has anyone experienced any really annoying, intermittent, highly isolated rattles in either side of their roofs, when the top is up (of course)? If you have, and you've been able to correct the problem or can even provide some insight on how to minimize it, I'd really appreciate hearing from you. Lexus (not the dealership) has made the statement that "Lexus roofs rattle", which the dealer says is total nonsense, and from my perspective, is consistent with the total lack of any customer service focus in the Lexus "Customer Satisfaction" group. Their position is that as long as the roof opens and closes, it works as designed, and they couldn't care less about interior noise, however loud and however isolated. In my view, this is a less than an impressive example of a luxury car maker standing behind its products.

Other than the roof rattle, which one way or another, I'm confident will be corrected, I think the SC430 is a fabulous car.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem anyone may be able to provide into the roof rattle problem.

stitch, welcome to the club. Are you aware though that you're in the LS forum and not the SC forum? I would post your question over in that forum as I'm sure others have had this same problem. I don't think you'll get a lot of answers in this neck of the woods. :cheers:

Thanks. Sorry I posted in the wrong area.

stitch, welcome to the club. Are you aware though that you're in the LS forum and not the SC forum? I would post your question over in that forum as I'm sure others have had this same problem. I don't think you'll get a lot of answers in this neck of the woods.:cheers: