94 Es 300 Battery/seat Belt Issu

Hi,

I've owned this car for only 3 months now. The headlamps on my es 300 dims when I brake at nights. All other electricals are just fine. Does this translate to a battery replacement?

Also, both driver and passenger seat belt latches come unhooked now and then, especially when there is a hard jerk on the seat belt. Scary...there's no point with these seat belts if there's a crash!

Anyone out there have any suggestions? How much would a new battery and new seat belt latches cost?

Thanks!

Fixing seat belts is normally covered to some extint by federal law. You shouldn't have to pay anything.

Check the alt output. The car does not run off the battery when the engine is running. All cars dim to some extint. Especially when adding, or replacing electrical equipment. (high power stereo, misc lighting)

If your alt checks out OK try upgrading the big three. Most of the time, if you don't add load to the system, or add a small load, upgrading the big three will improve the dimming.

Original big 3 post on car-domain.

1) Battery negative to chassis

2) Alternator to battery positive

3) Chassis to engine

In importance

1) Alt to battery positive

2) battery negative to chassie

3) Chassie to engine ground

Fixing seat belts is normally covered to some extint by federal law. You shouldn't have to pay anything.

Check the alt output. The car does not run off the battery when the engine is running. All cars dim to some extint. Especially when adding, or replacing electrical equipment. (high power stereo, misc lighting)

If your alt checks out OK try upgrading the big three. Most of the time, if you don't add load to the system, or add a small load, upgrading the big three will improve the dimming.

3) Chassis to engine

In importance

Hey Toys, I upgraded 4 guage positive to alt, but negative to engine, then from same ground spot on engine to chassis. So basically 2 wires from engine, 1 to the negative terminal, and the other to chassis. Is this kosher? I would assume its ok since its continous, right?

Thank you my friend. I'll take it to the dealer and have the seat belts fixed. I'm sure he'd come up with various explanations to work around this fed law. But, how often should the battery be replaced on es 300?

3) Chassis to engine

In importance

Thank you my friend. I'll take it to the dealer and have the seat belts fixed. I'm sure he'd come up with various explanations to work around this fed law. But, how often should the battery be replaced on es 300?

3) Chassis to engine

In importance

When it needs it. Just be sure to save your receipts for warranty work. I buy lexus batteries (cuz im just like that) and it kicked after 2 years, went back got pro-rated for a new one.