Central Console Woodgrain Cover

I need to find out where can I find a woodgrain cover that is placed in the center around the gear shifter? My car is 1993 GS 300, and any help would be huge. The dealership guy is telling me that it costs $500, so I am checking to make sure that he is not lying to me, so anyone that knows, I will highly appreciate it!

I need to find out where can I find a woodgrain cover that is placed in the center around the gear shifter? My car is 1993 GS 300, and any help would be huge. The dealership guy is telling me that it costs $500, so I am checking to make sure that he is not lying to me, so anyone that knows, I will highly appreciate it!

Have you tried ebay? Or go check a local junkyard. They might have a gs300 in there somewhere and you can go rip out your own dash for around $20-50 :)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one from www.nycdashes.com. The diagram looks the same as the one on http://www.veneerz.com. I wonder if they are different.

It looked like an easy install, but it was a total disaster. The adhesive on the piece is so strong, that it can't be lifted up once it's put down. So, you only get one shot to line it up. This is very difficult to do. The other problem was that it wouldn't slide under the ashtray because it was so sticky. I ended up tearing it and ripping some of the leather off of the shifter when it stuck to it by accident. :censored: So now I have to replace the replacement piece and find a new shifter cover.

So my questions are:

1) what was the secret to your success in installing the replacement piece from http://www.veneerz.com/shop.php?sho...el_years_id=124?

2) Anyone know where I can find a replacement shift cover and how hard are they to install?

Thanks!

:cheers:

1. Check ebay for the veneer I dont know what your paying but Ive noticed a new one on their for $69.

2.Check ebay shifters are constantly on their.

And on the install cant you take the piece you are applying it to out b 4 you apply it?Its been awhile since Ive been around a first gen. but I thought that center piece would come out pretty easily.Not for sure but Im sure another 1st gen. owner can help.Good luck.