Electrical Bug

Hey I'm new to the club! I am lovin criusing thru the old threads!! I currently own a 95 GS 300 and am changing out the ac evaporator core. While I'm ordering parts, I need some assistance to see if there is anything else I need to order for my latest problem.

Last week I noticed My right rear window wouldn't roll down, as I kept nosing aroung I found that the power lock, and speaker no longer work. The funny thing is, I can roll the window down from the door itself, but not back up!?! At the same time the keyless entry will only lock the doors and not unlock and the batteries are new!!

Hope to hear from someone soon

Thanks!

Any body out there???

Sorry for the late reply:

There are a couple things you need to do: Check your wires connection between your door and the frame, remove the door panel to exam the door lock actuator and check your window regulator. Let me me what you found.

JPI

Thanks for getting back to me. I had already removed and replaced the door panel by the time I read your reply. I found nothing wrong there. Now that I have pulled back the harness cover between the door and the frame I see that half of the wires are sheared off!! I was going to cut the harness cover off but it seems to have a metal ring in it. I am assuming it would be best to order a rear door harness rather than repairing the wires themselves????

Let me know what you think. Thanks for the direction!!

I have answered my own question, I went back to the GS and took the panel back off and removed wiring harness. I can now order my parts!!! I will be nice to get it back on the road! Do you think that this also was the cause of the keyless entry remote problem??? Thanks again!

Kerry

Kerry do not buy the whole harness it cost too much. Get you a solder gun and solder all the connection back together. I 've seen a few of these problem on the older GS. It might take you about 0.5hr to solder but at least save you some money. MAKE SURE YOU MATCH THE COLOR. Please use heatshrink. Check your fuses again. Good luck.

JPI