Car Won't Go?

bored7one4

last week i bought a use rx300 from a small dealership, it's a 2000 and has 66k miles on it. when i was driving home one day, i was at a red light and when it was time to go i steped on the gas and the car rmp only when up to 2k and the car move very slow until it picked up speed. At the next stop light it happen again so i steped on the gas and floored it and it still when up to 2k but then it finally kick in and the rmp when up to like 5-6 and the car took off. this problems only occurs when it wants to. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

the dealer has a 1200 mile or 1 month warranty which ever come first. but how will i prove there is something wrong with the car when the problem only happens when its wants to?

can the tranny go out at 66k, ????? for a japanese car.

thanks

The transmission can slip like that on any car if the transmission fluid level is low or if the wrong fluid was used or if the owner never changed the fluid.

Most used car buyers are only interested in two things: cosmetic appearance and price. Only a small percentage care about service records, go to the trouble of finding and studying the records and base their purchase and price decisions based on those records.