Need Help Choosing Right Mods.

Hey gang, I have a 1993 Sc400 with about 68k and all stock except for the strut tower bar under the the hood. I would like to gain some Hp but I really don't want to do anything extensive. I've been reading the forum and see that the typical intake and exhaust is the thing to do I guess. My question is..... Are there any other little mods i can do to gain some more hp. Also, what intake and exhaust are the best for a '93. I really don't like the exhaust to be loud. Just like it to have alittle HHMMMM to it.

P.S. I've seen some intakes and exhaust systems on ebay. Should i stay away from them. Any info is really appreciated.

You have great milage for a 93 sc400. You can do BFI and 2.25in x-pipe or straight pipe and get magnaflow exhuast. This is the common things to do for SC4 owners. But any aftermarket exhuast is always louder than our stock keep that in mind. With these mods you have some Hp boost but IMO not much to pack a punch.

You have great milage for a 93 sc400. You can do BFI and 2.25in x-pipe or straight pipe and get magnaflow exhuast. This is the common things to do for SC4 owners. But any aftermarket exhuast is always louder than our stock keep that in mind. With these mods you have some Hp boost but IMO not much to pack a punch.

So I probably wont be able to tell the difference huh? I might just leave it stock then but then again I might end up doing it. I did a search on BFI in this forum and it gets very good credit. I read and saw on how to install the BFI. I'm just really not the handy type and I know this forum dislikes injen so i will probably do the exhaust unless you all recommend another intake. Is the magnaflow the way to go because I see alot of people do the borla exhaust.I know any exhaust will be louder but I really want to keep it on the quite side.

• 3 weeks later...

There are no easy or cheap mods to make more hp and more lower end torque that you will actually notice in daily driving. I suggest you spend your money on good tires (Eagle F1 DS D3) and perhaps change your transmission fluid to the newer toyota type IV.

Hey gang, I have a 1993 Sc400 with about 68k and all stock except for the strut tower bar under the the hood. I would like to gain some Hp but I really don't want to do anything extensive. I've been reading the forum and see that the typical intake and exhaust is the thing to do I guess. My question is..... Are there any other little mods i can do to gain some more hp. Also, what intake and exhaust are the best for a '93. I really don't like the exhaust to be loud. Just like it to have alittle HHMMMM to it.

P.S. I've seen some intakes and exhaust systems on ebay. Should i stay away from them. Any info is really appreciated.

FORGET ABOUT THE INTAKE THE STOCK FLOW GOOD ENOUGH AND GO WITH 2 1/2 EXHAUST PIPES TO MAYBE A BORLA MUFFLER. THIS WILL GIVE YOU A LITTLE A GOOD POWER INCREASE. THE BEST MOD I CAN RECOMMEND FOR ANY SC400 IS THE DRAGON TORQUE CONVERTER. THAT BABY WILL OPEN YOUR EYES AND MAKE THE REAR WHEEL SPIN OFF THE LINE. I HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL MODS AS MY 1992 SC400 IS PUTTING OUT CLOSE TO 500HP.

YOU BETTER RUN CARFAX TO SEE IF THOSE MILES ARE RIGHT. THAT OLW MILEAGE IS VERY UNUSUAL FOR THAT YEAR LEXUS. FORGET ABOUT WASTING MONEY ON THE INTAKE YOU WILL GET NO NOTICEABLE POWER GAIN AND YOUR THROTTLE BODY WILL GET DIRTY ALOT FASTER THAN NORMAL.

GO TO INTELEXUAL.COM THAT GIVES YOU ALL THE UPGRADE INFORMATION AND PART COMPATABLILITY YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW