Thermostat Replacement

hi guys, im new to the forum, i just purchased a 92 sc300 5spd and the thermostat needs to be replaced. I called a random shop and was quoted 120 to replace it. Does this sound like a reasonable price? Is there a write up on the forum on how to do it yourself or do any of you guys recommend any shops in the socal orange county area? thank you for your time

sean

I am not sure about the difference.... but If the 300 engine is close to the 400 engine the thermostat is easy to change.... It is only two bolts to loosen.. and you just twist it out.... I am far from a mechanic...and I changed mine..

hi guys, im new to the forum, i just purchased a 92 sc300 5spd and the thermostat needs to be replaced. I called a random shop and was quoted 120 to replace it. Does this sound like a reasonable price? Is there a write up on the forum on how to do it yourself or do any of you guys recommend any shops in the socal orange county area? thank you for your time

sean