Cooling System Flush

VMF

tired of paying enormous amounts of money for simple jobs, decided to work on those minor things myself. first thing i want to do is a cooling system flush. Did any1 had this done before? How do i do it?

• 1 month later...

Hey VMF. How was the blackout?

I have done my own cooling system flushes. If you go to an auto parts store they sell a flush kit with parts and instructions. It' cheap and it works, however, after working a a gas station in HS and college, I know the flushing machine mentioned by tpotter is better. I had Lexus do mine last year with the 120,000 mile service. Be aware that several types of coolant now on the market are NOT compatable and should not be mixed. Personally, I think it is stupid to make incompatable coolants, but thats the way it is.

You can easily do your own, just read up a little first so you don't accidently mix the fluids.

Blackout report? tell us what was going on. I sat in cool A/C and watched it on CNN.

Denny