Radio Lcd

the-hedge

I am digging into my 1998 LS consol for the first time to hide my Sirius Starmate in the ashtray. Some of the radio lcd legs are intermittent. Please help with...

fix for radio lcd

console removal

I am new to Lexus ownership and the forum. Having some difficulty searching.

Will post results of install on my website when complete. the-hedge

Hedge, does your lcd look like this?

DSC00891.sized.jpg

If so, you'll need to have the lcd replaced. The removal instructions for a 95-97 will be very, very similar for a '98-'00. ;)

sha, I couldn't find the four spring tabs that the pictures show on the site, so i stopped into my local car stereo place. The installer took a thin hooked tool and worked it down under the back side of the consol, just in front of the cupholder. He then reeeeeeal careful like lifted and worked the piece up. It then pulled right up. I must stress that you be VERY careful, the piece is long and thin. I have not pulled the AC vents to get to the top screws, but that looks pretty simple. Goood luck. Hedge

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm

yeah, that's me man...

Where is the best place to get the LCD? I'll solder it myself.

I'm not sure where you can buy just the LCD. I sent mine to Mikado, and they put a new lcd in and put new back lighting in for $150+shipping. Be extremely careful pulling the a/c vents because they are very, very frail and easy to break.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hedgewood, I to used Mikado and have the address at work. Give me a call at work next week if you need it. They replaced the lcd on my A/C unit on my old 93. This is a great site for help on the Lexus cars. Talk to you soon. Logg

sha, I couldn't find the four spring tabs that the pictures show on the site, so i stopped into my local car stereo place. The installer took a thin hooked tool and worked it down under the back side of the consol, just in front of the cupholder. He then reeeeeeal careful like lifted and worked the piece up. It then pulled right up. I must stress that you be VERY careful, the piece is long and thin. I have not pulled the AC vents to get to the top screws, but that looks pretty simple. Goood luck. Hedge

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm

sorry but sometimes i cant even find my own posts thanks for the heads up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to thank the posters for the info on getting the Radio LCD fixed on my 1996 LS400.

I live 30 minutes from Mikado Technology so I went there during lunch and they repaired the radio while I waited - about 30 minutes.

BTW - removing the radio is SO easy.

Just pry out the air vents - wedge something thin around the edges...and do the same for the center console.

Four screws hold in the radio / HVAC.

$165 versus $550 for a redone radio from the dealer (plus $120 fro R&R).

These guys do a lot of the repair work FOR the dealers.

Mikado Technology Company

1435 Huntington Ave., Suite C

South San Francisco, CA 94080

Phone: 1-888-9-MIKADO

Fax: (650) 615-9900

Email: mikadotechnology@yahoo.com