A/c Work Done 97 Es

I decided to change the AIR DRIER on my 97 ES. I sucked the old gas out, changed the air drier, added 2 oz PAG oil, vacuumed the entire system to -30mmHg @ 2 hours. Then recharged with 900 grams of r134. The 900 grams of r134 included 100 grams of some BG Frigi Charge stuff. Real good stuff. it got rid of my compressor start noise, system is smoother, and cooler now. Runs great.

Why did you change the receiver-drier? Normally the dessicant in a genuine Toyota receiver drier lasts for at least 20 years unless the AC system becomes contaminated with atomospheric moisture due to a severe refrigerant leak or if the system is intentionally discharged of refrigerant in order to change a part or seal.

Personally I would use only a genuine Toyota receiver-drier and the factory recommended Densoil #8 lubricant rather than risk degrading the reliability and durability of the AC system with auto parts store quality parts, lubes and additives.

Bg products are not off the shelf. You cannot buy them at the store. As for not changing the drier for 20 years... it must be the same people that said Mercedes has a lifetime tranny oil and it does not require service.