1992 Es 300

I am moving along with this project. Again, I have 121,000 miles and only put on approxiamtely 12,000 miles per year. I am no car aficionado and simply trying to get an improved ride and another few years out of the car. Regular maintenance and I recently had the timing chain replaced as well as the water pump, etc. , new breaks and tires.

My friends son works at a local parts shop. Through him I can purchase Monroe Sensa Trac Struts (he only has these and Matic Plus). The fronts will cost me $45 each and the rears $65 each. I spoke with my local mechanic (he did the breaks, timing chain etc.) and will change all 4 struts for $275. Seems fair enough. I see on this forum that other brands of struts are generally recommended. My question is, being I am am no car aficionado and put on low miles per year, are the Monroe Sensa Tracts adequate? I would not know different type of rides from the man in the moon. I need to make a decision by Monday afternoon so to be able to confirm the appointment with the mechanic for Thursday. Thanks much.

Depends which Sensa track they put on. From what I remember there are three softness levels. Two is what you use to replace Caddy and Lincoln struts.

Honestly... It won't make a big change from stock, but I would buy new kyb struts, or slip the recharge cartridges in (coast the same) before putting those struts in.

Not to say anything against Monroe, I had the stiffer ones in my Corolla years ago that did pretty good.

I just think since you're retaining a stock ride, the KYB was designed for it. They allow the "luxury float", but maintain some control while doing that.

The box says "Reflex" and "Gas Charged Replacement Strut". Hopefully that will give you more information to help me make a decision. It would certainly make my life easy if you feel these will be adaquate. If not, where on line may I purchase KYB's? If I do not have the time to go that route, do you know a retailer that sells KYB's? I live in a major city. Thanks.

Depends which Sensa track they put on. From what I remember there are three softness levels. Two is what you use to replace Caddy and Lincoln struts.

Honestly... It won't make a big change from stock, but I would buy new kyb struts, or slip the recharge cartridges in (coast the same) before putting those struts in.

Not to say anything against Monroe, I had the stiffer ones in my Corolla years ago that did pretty good.

I just think since you're retaining a stock ride, the KYB was designed for it. They allow the "luxury float", but maintain some control while doing that.

Good morning. As I need to make a decision today, I certainly would appreciate some feedback. Will the Monroe "Reflex" Sensa Tracks" do the job or should I look on-line to purchase the KYB's? If the latter, where is a good place to look? The struts have never been changed in 121,000 miles. By the way, just for an added piece of information, the tires I just put on are not V, but HR rated. I mention that as an indicator that I am not the most particular. I am trying to keep the car running well and improve the ride and hopefully get two or three more years service (only put on approximately 12,000 miles per year). Thanks much.