1992 Es300

I know this topic has been addressed many times before, but I cannot locate it in the archives.

It is now to the point where I can hardly drive at night, even with my brights on. What can I do to clean or correct the problem of the covers? I assume this involves taking them off and as I know absolutely nothing about cars, I would greatly appreciate as much detail as possible, including where on line I may find a diagram for the removal. Thanks much.

There are three plugs. One headlight, one high-beam, one turn signal. Turn those to unlock & pull the bulbs out.

There are three bolts that hold the headlights in. They should be 12mm.

You can get some 9005 (high beam) bulbs like Silverstars, grind one of the tabs down (Honestly it's easier to melt it off than grind/file/cut it) and you can fit that into the low-beam housing (9006).

You'll get a little bit more light on the road. 9005's don't have the reflectice coating on the front of the bulb, and use 15% more power (so 15% more light). it's a noticeable differance, but not close to HID's.

Thanks, but I think we are talking about two different things. The bulbs themselves are fine. The problem is the plastic covers. There is some sort of a film, dirt or junk on the inside. Per SKperformance I will search the archives and revert if I get no where.

There are three plugs. One headlight, one high-beam, one turn signal. Turn those to unlock & pull the bulbs out.

There are three bolts that hold the headlights in. They should be 12mm.

You can get some 9005 (high beam) bulbs like Silverstars, grind one of the tabs down (Honestly it's easier to melt it off than grind/file/cut it) and you can fit that into the low-beam housing (9006).

You'll get a little bit more light on the road. 9005's don't have the reflectice coating on the front of the bulb, and use 15% more power (so 15% more light). it's a noticeable differance, but not close to HID's.

save your search. There is a pinned thread at the top of this forum for "clearing corners.

follow the instructions for removing the headlight. bake them to open them up and have the inside and outside of the cover buffed or polished with a plastic polish. You can also clean the lens of each individual lamp.

follow the instructions on how to reseal and reinstall them again.

However, doing a search will help you find more related threads. I remember one particular thread where before and after pictures were posted of exactly what you need to do. What a difference.

steviej