Rx300. Shattered Glass Or What?

LexKid630

2 weeks ago i bought an 03 rx300 at Ira lexus in mass (i have a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty) with 33,474 miles on it.

when the cars is in direct sunlight i notice some intresting cracks in one of the mirror-tint windows. It's the door behind the driver.

There are 4 "sets" or rows of these cracks. There are crack like marks about 2 inches long (left to right) surrounded on each side by what look to be fingerprints!!!(perpendicular to the ground (top to bottom)), on top of each other from the bottom of the wondow to the top. There are 3 rows, somewhat vertically equally spread apart. They aren't exacty linear, but have somewhat a curve to them. Then there is another row going horizontally about an inch above the bottom of the window. When the sun hits it directly just right, it looks like a prism. VERY bright cracks. But they're not on the inside or the outside of the glass, just on the inside of the glass. Just on this 1 window.

What the heck am i looking at? Is this considered under warranty? It's not like the glass is broken, just looks weird.

I am going to take a few pictures this afternoon when the sun comes out so they're visible. when i bought it it was a cloudy day, so i didn't notice these marks in the glass.

Please any help on this will be appreciated!! anyone else have this same problem?? THANK YOU

If the actual glass is not cracked then it should be covered under warr.

It is the laminate added to the shatter glass. It is part of its saftey feature.

The front windshield has it sandwiched in between the 2 layers of glass to keep it from shattering in your face or cutting you on large bits

If the actual glass is not cracked then it should be covered under warr.

It is the laminate added to the shatter glass. It is part of its saftey feature.

The front windshield has it sandwiched in between the 2 layers of glass to keep it from shattering in your face or cutting you on large bits

The thing is, i bought this 2 weeks ago at Ira, in Mass (about 2 hours away). I called my local dealer and they said they could still do it. That's good i don't have to drive 2 hours to fix a window.

Do you think they will give me a loaner? It might be a long drive??