A/c Issues

if you changed your stereo then i assume you toke out the climate control also.i would check the plugs in the back and make sure they are all in tight.if it all worked before then thats most likely what it is.first as allways check the fuses then if its not that try the plugs.

I checked all the plugs on the a/c, they plug in separately from the stereo, and the fuses. I couldn't really get a good look at the fuse on the passenger side. I noticed that mileage reset(I keep my mileage counter up so I can track how much gas I use), the clock is still on and the buttons closest to the clock are still lit up.

The funny thing is, I still have confidence that it is not my car, it is something I did.Oh, I have a 93 ES300

sounds liek you may have dislodged part of the screen when removing itform the bady of the hvac controller

you mayneed to open the assembly and tighten the insides

i have a similar problem from when i reoplaced my bulbs the clok works fine but unless i press the right side of the screenit is blank but the hvac still works

Where is the assembly? I have an appiontment at lexus in the morning. A friend of mine though if I unplugged the batteryand replugged it, it might reset everything. Is that a possibility???

What is the ECU??? What does it mean???

i don't mean to sound like i am talking down to you as i am not

but some of the things mentioned are basics of cars

i think before you go opening up a car and its internals again ask for instructions or you may get real screwed up,like i am with spelling and grammer

a lexus is not a firefly or a cavalier it has many parts that can be easily destroyed by removing parts or components that seem redundent with all its electronics even the stereo is not the simplest to change

after all the only stupid question is the one not asked

an ecu is Electronic control unit

it is the brain of the car and many other elctronics

no unpluggin it will do nothing for you

you will probably will only be told you have to replace the whole unit by lexus as many dealers today are replace parts not repair parts

the assembly is the part you pulled out that is located above the radio with the controller