Cup-holder

I just bought a 2001 ES300...and am upset to see the cupholder does not grip standard containers or even, water bottles. Am i failing to understand something?

Seems to me that a full-container tips over very easily (as did hot coffee the first morning i drove car, for real).

Help?

• 6 months later...

Very true.... This is one of the few things I don't like about the car. the other is that the rain gutters on the windshield leak back into the drivers window if it is cracked while it is raining, instead of rolling back over the top of the car. Makes is a hassell to smoke when it is raining without my window controls and left leg gettting soaked. Something they supposedly fixed in the newer models.

I myself have the 92 model and always found the gutter system a pain.. if you travel down the freeway in the rain you always see watter collecting with the wind of the car... open the window and it pours in.

Again when you wash the windws with the washer jets you always get a face full of water.. well annoying.

The cup holders in the 92 i found to be excellent. they have a rubber insert that seems to hold cans of soft drinks or a coffee cup pretty well.