Gauge Cluster

twrenn

On my way home tonite I realized that my speedometer needle wasn't showing my speed, it was just sitting on zero. My tach, gas, and temp were all running fine. The previous owner had the gauges sent off to get rebuilt (not sure what that means) so I am thinking it might be a bad connection. Any advise?

This problem, and it usually involves the tachometer and speedometer, is apparently not related to the common problem of the dash display not lighting when the weather is cool.

I think you will find that the needles' failure to move will occur when the weather is hot.

As Lovelex stated, a rap on the top of the dash usually brings the needles to life. Sometimes, it takes more than one rap.

• 5 weeks later...

I experienced the same problem, the tachometer and speedometer stay at zero (until you tap on it) when weather is hot.

I don't know why a rap is helpful, does it send a electric jolt to the device or loosen the needles a little bit or provides a 'start up' energy to move the needles ?

Anyone has a fix on this problem ? Pls share your experience.

BR,

V.

This problem, and it usually involves the tachometer and speedometer, is apparently not related to the common problem of the dash display not lighting when the weather is cool.

I think you will find that the needles' failure to move will occur when the weather is hot.

As Lovelex stated, a rap on the top of the dash usually brings the needles to life.  Sometimes, it takes more than one rap.