Intake Mod

I have been contimplating this mod for about a year. It is a short air intake cut to fit a stock airfilter box. The install went very smooth and took me about an hour from start to finish. I had a polished 3" short air intake laying around and a K&N drop in filter. I decided to take out the stock intake from the throttle body to the airfilter box and custom fit the polished tube to take it's place. Worked out really well I can feel a better throttle response and acceleration is improved and it really didn't get that much louder [ I prefer it that way ] so here are some pix of the final product. Tell me what you think. B)

post-1634-1119067233_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1119067244_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1119067259_thumb.jpg

post-1634-1119067270_thumb.jpg

I would like to know where you can get a short air intake tube, silicone connectors that will fit between the air box and intake manifold with minimal or no modification at a good price. Thanx....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW Is where you can get everything you need to do the mod. All you have to do is cut this piece off of the airfilter box [ see pix attached ] and cut down the 3" tube , The silicone and rubber mounts come with the kit all you do is tear that air filter apart and use the rubber seal that connects to the tube and epoxy it to the cutoff and your ready to install. Good Luck and enjoy. B) :cheers:

Here is a link that has a couple of days on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

post-1634-1119492903_thumb.jpg

good job man, looks clean & mean... what other mods you got under the hood?

The other mods are strut tower bar , Optima battery and a little dressing for looks. Other than that it is stock. I'll probably put a lip style spoiler on the backside next then SS brakelines and I'll take it from there. B)

Thanks for the info and the links to ebay...Is there a way and place where I can purchase the tube and connector for the modification without cutting the air box and use the air mass sensor as is. I would like to keep the mod reversible back to stock if possible... Thanks

Thanks for the info and the links to ebay...Is there a way and place where I can purchase the tube and connector for the modification without cutting the air box and use the air mass sensor as is.  I  would like to keep the mod reversible back to stock if possible... Thanks

None that I know of, The mod is reversable, All one has to do is epoxy the piece that was cut off of the filter box back on. Done dealio.