Paint For The Rear Bumper

Hello, can somebody pls tell me how to paint or touch my rear bumper, the paint is off and the black surface is visible on my 98 es 300, gray color.

Thanks very much,

kashif

How bad is it? Can you post some pics to show us? :blink:

:cheers:

Hello, can somebody pls tell me how to paint or touch my rear bumper, the paint is off and the black surface is visible on my 98 es 300, gray color.

Thanks very much,

kashif

How bad is it? Can you post some pics to show us? :blink:

:cheers:

The inner surface of the bumper shows, its all black, the paint is totally scratched off.

depends on how big the area is, with a pic it is much eaier to say if you can diy it.

Personally their is alot of bumper blenders around who can do it for about $100 and it can look perfect.

Get it in writing that it will be a perfect match

if you decide to do it yourself, don't forget to add "flex" to the paint. This will allow the paint to flex with the plastic bumper after it dries and it won't crack.

with all do respect, have it professionally done if you are not a body man.

Around my parts, a cheap alternative is to seek out vocational high schools or trade schools that teach body shop. Many of them will do the work and only charge for the paint. The labor is in education.

steviej