Front Exhaust Piece.. Between Exhaust Manifold/cat

I need to replace the exhaust pieceon my 94 ES between the exhaust manifolds and the cat. It's basically a Y-Pipe with two flex pipes in there. First off.. no one sells it. Most auto stores use Walker exhausts for their inventory and apparently Walker doesn't make it. Napa sells Bosal who makes it and they want $214 for it. The dealership wants $260 which is after discount through my friend's auto body shop. Does anyone have any other ideas as to where to get one?

Bosal y-pipes work, but they get made fun of a lot because they try to pass off a copy of the stock y-pipe for a performance one. That doesn't mean they are bad VS stock; they just get made fun of.

Get a custom one made at an exhaust shop for $250-$350usd. There's a good 15-20hp. In your case what would that cost? At most $140 from what you're about to pay anyways?

Depending on what you get one amde for, you're looking at a $5-$9 per horsepowr gain. You may not like performance, but that's what the throttle pedal is for! ;)

Bosal y-pipes work, but they get made fun of a lot because they try to pass off a copy of the stock y-pipe for a performance one. That doesn't mean they are bad VS stock; they just get made fun of.

Get a custom one made at an exhaust shop for $250-$350usd. There's a good 15-20hp. In your case what would that cost? At most $140 from what you're about to pay anyways?

Depending on what you get one amde for, you're looking at a $5-$9 per horsepowr gain. You may not like performance, but that's what the throttle pedal is for! ;)

I'm just looking for an oem replacement. The car is already too slow compared to what I consider fast so I'm not too interested in gaining horsepower on this car. It's just my daily driver. Found a Bosal for $145 + $15 for gaskets + $15 for 2-day shipping. So I think im set. Thanks.

Cool. If it's *just* the flex pipe go to an exhaust shop. They'll sawzall the flex pipe off and weld a new piece of flex in. Like 20 min worth of labor, and less than $20 for one piece of flex.

You pay more for that, but if it's just the flex pipe, it should be able to be fixed for under $50.

Somehow I can't see an exhaust shop replacing just the flex pipe.. especially for under $50. I ordered a Bosal for $140 with three gaskets and two day shipping. It didn't look like too hard of a job. I've replaced Y-pipes on much worse.. (ie: Ford Probe). Biggest pain in the !Removed! EVER.

Replacing the flex isn;t hard but welding it on is annoying.

Most shops i deal with won;t do it as they hardly hold.

The 94 is not too hard on a lift under the car and no air tools will be a pain for sure especially with its heat rusted bolts.

Make sure you buy new ones for reinstall to save some headache.

Penitrating oil is your friend.

I've taken my entire exhaust apart (including the manifolds) and never had a problem on my '93. Lucky I guess. I know people that have snapped the studs out before with air tools.

Use a 3/8" wratchet first. Tis better to get them off that way, than risk destroying everything on there and having to run around to a n ut and bolt house and buy new ones. (Tho that wuoldn't cost like $5)

(This car has been a 100% Alabama/Florida car, no snow, no salt, perfect climate.)