Bfgoodrich Traction T/a(v)

ive had the bfgoodrich traction t/a (v rated) tires for no more than 2 years (~25,000mi) now and im dissatisfied with them. two of the tires have abnormal tire wear and they have horrible road noise (like im driving a 4x4...or as my little brother likes to call it, the 50 cal. machine gun). ive read reviews on these tires being difficult to balance. im thinking twice on whether to give them another try.

i need some advice on what tires you guys think are best for this type of car. thanks

I've got Toyo Proxes TPT on my '98 and I'm only moderately pleased with them. They've only got 30k miles on them and seem to be wearing quickly. Snow traction isn't that great either (don't get much of it but when we do the tires are borderline dangerous). I'll probably be in the market for new tires within the next year, so I too am interested in seeing what other LOC members have to say about this.

I replied elsewhere that I have just had Goodyear Assurance (Triple Tread version) installed on my car. They are very quiet and provide good handling and a comforatble ride. The are warranted for 80,000 miles. The triple tread design is supposed to provide enhanced traction on ice and on wet roads. Goodyear just came out with this tire this past spring and it replaces the Aquatread.

I replied elsewhere that I have just had Goodyear Assurance (Triple Tread version) installed on my car.  They are very quiet and provide good handling and a comforatble ride.  The are warranted for 80,000 miles.  The triple tread design is supposed to provide enhanced traction on ice and on wet roads.  Goodyear just came out with this tire this past spring and it replaces the Aquatread.

I agree totally with cha.......these tires are currently the best available for out ES (97 - 01 factory size.....I can get them in H speed rated in my 205 60 16 size). Another one to consider is the Falken Ziex ZE-512 are fantastic as well & have an 60,000 mile tread life.

http://www.goodyearassurance.com/

I currently have the Toyo Proxes TPT & have been very happy with them thus far.....not the greatest in some winter conditions, but just fantastic in wet weather & heavy rain especially. At the time I bought them, they were the best available, but there are better choices out there today which I have just mentioned. Good luck! B)

:cheers:

If you wanna go less expensive, but maintain performance, I suggest going with the KUHMO ECSTA ASX. Go to www.tirerack.com and check out the specs and reviews. KUMHO makes good tires and right now they're relatively inexpensive, but I can see them upping their prices as they become more popular.

If you wanna go less expensive, but maintain performance, I suggest going with the KUHMO ECSTA ASX. Go to www.tirerack.com and check out the specs and reviews. KUMHO makes good tires and right now they're relatively inexpensive, but I can see them upping their prices as they become more popular.

Kumho tires are 'decent' but not great. They are around 'mid' to 'lower-mid' pack as far as tires are concerned (especially their all seasons). Much better choices out there. ;)

:cheers: