Front End Problems

Doctor K

I have had my 05 SC430 a little over a month and I love the car. I have about 1800 miles on the car and it is a lot quicker than when it was new. I do have a couple of concerns regarding the front end though, and am taking the car in tomorrow to the selling dealership.

The brakes pulsate when moderate braking occurs. You can feel it in the steering wheel. Also the car wanders within its lane at freeway speeds, requring constant attention.

I have never abused the brakes, nor had any panic stops!

I think a front end alignment will cure the wandering problem, but I'm not certain about the pulsating brakes.

Anyone had a similar situation? B)

TIA

Doc, my 95 LS is doing the exact same thing. I recently replaced all the control arms, struts and outer tie rods. But I have not had it aligned yet by the dealer ship. My money is that you need a 4 wheel alignment from the dealer. Get the tires balanced as well while you're there. I would also like to bet your rotors might be a little warped....maybe. But you need an alignment for sure. My dealer here aligned mine a few months ago when I still had all the old, worn out parts on the car, and it was perfect. So I can only image how much better it will be now. I'm betting your toe setting is off a little, causing the tire to grab more of the pavement when it shifts in angle. That's what mine is doing, and it takes constant attention to keep her straight on the highway.

Thanks guys. I took the car to Lexus of Riverside, Ca. this am and they want to keep it a couple of days. My wife has a 2005 MB SLK350 and she followed me to the dealership and I rode the 25 miles home with her. What a totally different car the MB is, in comparison to my Lexus! The differences are numerous but the ride quality of the MB is inferior, and the audio system in the Lexus (Mark Levinson) is a pure joy.

I didn't really appreciate the total quality of my SC430 until this morning.

A couple of days? Really? Hmmm... interesting. Keep us posted on what they say if you don't mind. I'm really curious why they need it for that long. Yeah, I agree on what a difference you notice when you ride in anything other than a lexus! I take my fiance's honda civic for drives every now and then to remind myself what an awesome car a Lexus is.

A couple of days? Really? Hmmm... interesting. Keep us posted on what they say if you don't mind. I'm really curious why they need it for that long. Yeah, I agree on what a difference you notice when you ride in anything other than a lexus! I take my fiance's honda civic for drives every now and then to remind myself what an awesome car a Lexus is.

I know what you mean. I don't even particularly care for driving my Acura Legend anymore unless I have to. My wife drives it now after she had the wreck with the Camry. I still really like my Legend a lot, but its no comparison in any category with the LS400, well, unless you are cornering because the Legend is more sport defined, it does get the victory in that category.

Yeah the LS400/430 is a joy!

Each week I go some where and rent a car.. Mostly the average but some Lincolns, Continentals and Crown Vics.. They are big american luxury cars.. No comparison compared to the LS400.. Even the interior in my 93 is better.. The big cars do have power, but they are floating boats..

I like the story about the MB.. What a difference.. My friend has a nice BMW and I know it is tight, but I am curious to drive it to see. I had a 350z and it was fast, but a piece of crap. The interior was absolutly cheep. My system in the LEXUS is better then the Z..

Well guys more good times to go with the LEXUS!! Cheers..