Recommended Independents In Fort Worth, Tx Area?

john1529

I'm the new owner of a '97 LS400 that needs timing belt, water pump, cam/crank seals, etc. Any recommended independents in the Fort Worth area? I'm debating whether or not to do this myself but with a good independent I'd probably same my time.

Thanks

John

Welcome and congrats on your new car! ;)  You'll have to drive a little ways, but JP Importz in Garland provides excellent service.

I've heard about JP's good reputation and I dont mind the drive. I got a decent quote from them for timing belt, pump, coolant but adding in cam/crank seals is $165x2. Yikes! At these prices I'm tempted to waste a weekend and do it myself. :cries:

if u dont mind i cna give u the addresse of my friends place its near the keller/haltom area he does all my stuff and you can probably get a discount he used to work at lexus so he knows what hes doing

Welcome and congrats on your new car! ;)  You'll have to drive a little ways, but JP Importz in Garland provides excellent service.

I've heard about JP's good reputation and I dont mind the drive. I got a decent quote from them for timing belt, pump, coolant but adding in cam/crank seals is $165x2. Yikes! At these prices I'm tempted to waste a weekend and do it myself.:cries:

Hello John,

The $165 is for cams(2) and crank seal. Our work is back by 20k miles or 20 months warranty. We will pick up your vehicle and drop off a loaner at your front door at no charge. Our service is better than your lexus dealership! Pictures will be taken during the repair and email to you. We only use Lexus factory parts!

JP Importz

I've heard about JP's good reputation and I dont mind the drive. I got a decent quote from them for timing belt, pump, coolant but adding in cam/crank seals is $165x2. Yikes! At these prices I'm tempted to waste a weekend and do it myself.:cries:

Hello John,

The $165 is for cams(2) and crank seal. Our work is back by 20k miles or 20 months warranty. We will pick up your vehicle and drop off a loaner at your front door at no charge. Our service is better than your lexus dealership! Pictures will be taken during the repair and email to you. We only use Lexus factory parts!

JP Importz

Jason,

Thanks for the info. Loaner goes above and beyond, although I dont need one. I received a few recommendations from the boards for a guy in FW that does this for $700+tax. Of course, if you can match I'd rather use you, but I understand you have your prices and they are much more reasonable than the dealer (and most independents).

John

JPI,

Please franchise out to Raleigh, NC!! Sure could use you out here.

Free Carolina BB-Q for ya'! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.... BB-Q ;)

Hello John,

We would love to match the price, but our prices are set and it won't be fair to our clients by giving you a better discount. Please let us know if we can assit you in the near future.

JP Importz

Hello John,

We would love to match the price, but our prices are set and it won't be fair to our clients by giving you a better discount.  Please let us know if we can assit you in the near future.

JP Importz

Jason,

Completely understandable. Thanks anyway. :cheers:

John

• 1 year later...

Hello John,

JP Importz

Jason,

Thanks for the info. Loaner goes above and beyond, although I dont need one. I received a few recommendations from the boards for a guy in FW that does this for $700+tax. Of course, if you can match I'd rather use you, but I understand you have your prices and they are much more reasonable than the dealer (and most independents).

John

Hi John,

I live near Keller, could you let me know how I could contact your guy.

Thanks,

John