Ls400 Navigation

razahyde

does anyone kno if the navigation unit that is used in the 98-00 LS can be used in a 96 LS my friend is selling me his for $500 and i planned on buying a new radio anyway since mine is being a :censored: again so i thought i might as well throw in another 300 and buy a nav unit what do you guys think is it possible to get it to work, will it fit, or is it just a bust and ill end up losin $500

thanks

heres the pics it looks exactly like this front and back and it is a pioneer unit

( i found these pics on ebay for anyone whos curious but the unit looks like this front and back)

post-8405-1118452360_thumb.jpg

post-8405-1118452374_thumb.jpg

I saw that same exact system on Ebay this afternoon and thought the same thing. I know I can install Nav in my 740 but it costs a lot! My only concern was why the Pass. side temp is on the drivers side?

Thanks

wow ed i didnt even notice the passenger temperature being on the wrong side, im going to msg the seller and see what he says since i have an ebay account

and ed all of the buttons on the climate control are on the wrong side the guy who listed this one says that he took it off because he imported it to japan but this seems like a nav unit that came from japan since over there the controls would be opposite of what they are here

but does anyway if itll work in a 96 with just plug and play for the climate control and radio/cd changer i kno ill need the nav computer and all that other stuff but i jus want to kno if it will fit and be plug in play for the most part

Well the stero controls seem to be US spec..

Here is a picture of the Nav system from my parts list. There is probably a line you'll have to run from the Nav screen to the computer. I don't know how thats gonna work? Maybe there are wires you could follw? I hope it works. That would be a really cool upgrade for pre-nav guys.

DSC00198.jpg

Thanks

Hey Ed- would you mind resizing the picture in your signature to be a little smaller, thats way too big for a signature picture. Maybe crop in and do the cars smaller and more horizontal. Thanks.

As for the nav it CAN be done but its a lot of work and requires a lot of wiring. I also dont know if those components will work on a 96 because they slightly redesigned the center stack in 98.

Raz, I got that lists off Ebay for like 3 bucks. Comes in handy when you need a part number. Some arent included like the lights for the seat heaters and TRAC control button.

Hey Steve,sorry about that pic. I will remove it and try to resize it. That is the size it is when I get it from my site. I will work on it.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
I saw that same exact system on Ebay this afternoon and thought the same thing. I know I can install Nav in my 740 but it costs a lot! My only concern was why the Pass. side temp is on the drivers side?

Thanks

it is from a japan or english car.