I Was Bored, Did A Little Art Project

Hey so my roommate and I decided that this summer we're going to get a project car and build it up. We've chosen an MKII Golf or GTI. We don't have the car yet, but I already started on my first project. I was browsing through craigslist for no reason and came across some wheels I've been looking for forever:

1213547_1_full.jpg

They're just some plain, kinda ugly 5 spokes, but they're exactly what I've been looking for, because they closely resemble these:

1213547_8_full.jpg

rota slipstreams. I think they're freakin sweet. So I read up on painting wheels and I went to work. This is what I had to deal with when cleaning them up:

1213547_3_full.jpg

After much scrubbing, sanding, and grinding with wire brushes and drill attachments, they were ready for primer:

1213547_4_full.jpg

And after a few coats of Duplicolor graphite wheel paint and some krylon clearcoat, here is the finished product:

1213547_7_full.jpg

1213547_6_full.jpg

I think they look pretty sick for about $100 worth of stuff (including the wheels). The tires were shot anyway so I didn't have to worry about masking anything off. We're looking at a white Golf with a bad heater core and 200k miles in the next week, I think these'll look awesome on it. I might strip the paint off the lips though and give them a polished lip, but I dunno.

What do you guys think?