2004 Rx 330 Questions

bazan

Hi,

I have a 2004 RX330 (bought Oct 2004)and have the following questions:

- Did anyone experience, the retractable cover seems to be rubbing on the liftgate and leaving marks. Also, the automatic retractable feature sometimes doesn't work that well and the cover falls off the track while retracting

- Anyone in Canada apply the fix for the hesitation (if there is any)?

- I am due for the 2nd service i.e. the first owner payable service. I think the service manager mentioned that as long as I bring in the car before the 16000km, he can have my brakes service (whatever that entails) under warranty. I think the visit will cost be approx $250cdn. Does it worth it or should I just opt for the oil and filter change only?

- I heard that there is a supposingly fix for the "excessive" wind noise, anyone in Canada apply the fix?

- In auto mode, it seems like the air con like to blast for an extended period of time. e.g. external temp 25 degree , you set desired temp to 30 degree or so .. the air con will still run for a long period of time untill it slows down to a lower fan speed. Anyone experience that? Kind of annoying cause when you turn down the fan speed, the auto mode is gone rendering "auto" kind of not practical.

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Hi,

I have a 2004 RX330 (bought Oct 2004)and have the following questions:

- Did anyone experience, the retractable cover seems to be rubbing on the liftgate and leaving marks. Also, the automatic retractable feature sometimes doesn't work that well and the cover falls off the track while retracting

- Anyone in Canada apply the fix for the hesitation (if there is any)?

- I am due for the 2nd service i.e. the first owner payable service. I think the service manager mentioned that as long as I bring in the car before the 16000km, he can have my brakes service (whatever that entails) under warranty. I think the visit will cost be approx $250cdn. Does it worth it or should I just opt for the oil and filter change only?

- I heard that there is a supposingly fix for the "excessive" wind noise, anyone in Canada apply the fix?

- In auto mode, it seems like the air con like to blast for an extended period of time. e.g. external temp 25 degree , you set desired temp to 30 degree or so .. the air con will still run for a long period of time untill it slows down to a lower fan speed. Anyone experience that? Kind of annoying cause when you turn down the fan speed, the auto mode is gone rendering "auto" kind of not practical.

Thanks in advance!! ;)

I dont find the retractable cover thing very useful, so i just take it out completely. The only other thing i can answer for u is the AC. The auto button is useless, it was the same thing for the rx300. If you have the NAV, then just click the low button, but never push the auto cuase it just gives the most powerful mode of AC.

Another thing I found annoying regarding the AUTO setting on the AC is that it never shuts off, that is, even when the cabin is at the desired temp., the AC remains on with the lowest fan setting. And because there is no manual temp. setting I assume it is still blowing cold air.

And, as a previous post mentioned, even if the cabin temp. is actually lower than the set temp. (when logically you'd want the heater on instead of the AC), cold air still blows.

Just a quick updates after my maintenance visits for those interested:

- Yes there is a "hesitation fix" for both RX and the ES in Canada. I've applied the update and the car is much more responsive now.

- Wind noise in front passenger and drive fix with replacement of new weatherstripping (per bulletin)

- Believe it or not, my service advisor points to me about the fact that while the exterior temp guage is certainly in "degree celcius", the individual temp setting for driver and passenger is not in "degree celcius" but moreso like a numeric scale (as is if you notice , there is not unit of measurements next to them). So if you are thinking setting the temp to say equal to the external temp and thinking that the fan speed etc... should come down, it may not as the "25" you set may not be the same as "25 degree celcius" showing as external. That explain why there is always this delay in the fan speed coming down.

Cheers!

BA

- Yes there is a "hesitation fix" for both RX and the ES in Canada. I've applied the update and the car is much more responsive now.

- Wind noise in front passenger and drive fix with replacement of new weatherstripping (per bulletin)

- Believe it or not, my service advisor points to me about the fact that while the exterior temp guage is certainly in "degree celcius", the individual temp setting for driver and passenger is not in "degree celcius" but moreso like a numeric scale (as is if you notice , there is not unit of measurements next to them). So if you are thinking setting the temp to say equal to the external temp and thinking that the fan speed etc... should come down, it may not as the "25" you set may not be the same as "25 degree celcius" showing as external. That explain why there is always this delay in the fan speed coming down.

Cheers!

BA

did u have to pay for the update for the rx? i wonder if i can get it here in california :D

Cheers!

BA

did u have to pay for the update for the rx? i wonder if i can get it here in california :D

RX330Driver,

You don't need to pay for the update.

Cheers!

BA

RX330Driver,

You don't need to pay for the update.

hi,

i'm in canada also. is it i have to go to the deal and ask for a hesitation fix by myself? the dealer had never sent me letter regarding the fix is available

hi,

i'm in canada also. is it i have to go to the deal and ask for a hesitation fix by myself? the dealer had never sent me letter regarding the fix is available

Catking,

You'll have to request for the fix. I think they will only do the fix if you complain about the "hesitation".

Hope this helps.

hi,

Catking,

You'll have to request for the fix. I think they will only do the fix if you complain about the "hesitation".

Hope this helps.

thanks. i'll try to talk with my dealer.

i have one more question, my rx330 was made in canada, can somebody tell me is there any difference with those made in japen. i remember when i bought the car, my dealer let me chose either made in japen or canada.