Need Headlight Removal Instructions

GRAND_LS 4

Got some new HID bulbs, and I’m having a hard time removing my headlight housing. I know that you first have to take out the side markers (signals) to remove one of the bolts, but I can’t seem to take it off after unscrewing the top screw, but it seems to be held firm from the bottom. I really hope I don’t have to take off the bumper to take out the headlights. Anyone have the instructions for removal? Thanks.

I just put in new parking lights in my 96 and it was a little difficult. What you have to do is remove that screw then slowly working the parking light out. Pull it at the top first then bottom then move it back and forth and it should come out. There is aplastic tab that slides into a slot on the ehadlight and that is what is giving you the trouble. Puting it back in is a whole lot eaiser.. It just slides in. Here is alink for the removal on a 91.

Thanks

Da link

I just put in new parking lights in my 96 and it was a little difficult. What you have to do is remove that screw then slowly working the parking light out. Pull it at the top first then bottom then move it back and forth and it should come out. There is  aplastic tab that slides into a slot on the ehadlight and that is what is giving you the trouble. Puting it back in is a whole lot eaiser.. It just slides in. Here is  alink for the removal on a 91.

Thanks

Da link

Thanks for the info!

I was afraid it was going to break. Can anyone else confirm this on a 98+?

I just put in new parking lights in my 96 and it was a little difficult. What you have to do is remove that screw then slowly working the parking light out. Pull it at the top first then bottom then move it back and forth and it should come out. There is  aplastic tab that slides into a slot on the ehadlight and that is what is giving you the trouble. Puting it back in is a whole lot eaiser.. It just slides in. Here is  alink for the removal on a 91.

Thanks

Da link

Thanks for the info!

I was afraid it was going to break. Can anyone else confirm this on a 98+?

Finally finished, ED was right. You just have to becareful not to break the taps on top of the signle assembly.

• 4 weeks later...