Clip For Gas Cover

The metal clip that pops open my gas cover broke. It's a two-person job now to open it. Someone has to hold down the button while the other guy opens the cover. Anyway, I went to Pep Boys and they don't carry it.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

The metal clip that pops open my gas cover broke.  It's a two-person job now to open it.  Someone has to hold down the button while the other guy opens the cover.  Anyway, I went to Pep Boys and they don't carry it.

Since that's a specialized part, you'll have to get this clip at a Lexus dealer's parts department. If they don't have it in stock, they can order it for you. It might take a couple of days.

The metal clip that pops open my gas cover broke.  It's a two-person job now to open it.  Someone has to hold down the button while the other guy opens the cover.  Anyway, I went to Pep Boys and they don't carry it.

Since that's a specialized part, you'll have to get this clip at a Lexus dealer's parts department. If they don't have it in stock, they can order it for you. It might take a couple of days.

it can be a one person job till you find one-

pop the trunk and pull the emergency release cord located in the left hand side of the trunk.

it can be a one person job till you find one-

pop the trunk and pull the emergency release cord located in the left hand side of the trunk.

Sorry for the multiple posts above.

If it is the "L" shaped clip that springs the door open, you will have to buy it at a Lexus Dealer. They should have plenty.

To open the gas door by yourself, you have to pull the ring in the trunk with your right hand while opening the door with your left. Helps if you have long arms.

I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. It was a pain with self serve when I was @ school in Virginia. But I'm back in Jersey now, with only full service.

I'll give my local Lex Dealers a ring and see if they have them. Thanks for the help again.