Just Got A 99 Rx300

RCNV

Hello Everyone:

I just got an 99 Rx300 with 67K miles on it.

The car apparently had a 30K dealer recommended service and regular oil changes.

Right after getting it, i took it to the dealer for an inspection, and they concluded the it just needed an engine and tranny oil change. THey also fixed a exhaust component that it was part of a service buletin.

Just yesterday, after 1400mi since that oil change, I switched to Mobil 1 10-30W after an engine flush.

I was wondering what other preventive maintenaince should be performed just to be on the "safe side"

Should I wait until 90K to replace the timing belt (tensioner, bearing), serpentines, and water pump. or would it be a good idea to do it now? Should valves be ajusted around this time?

Thank you, this is an excellent forum.

RCNV

I am in the same boat with a 99 with 45k on it. Funny, my exhaust had to be serviced as well, was leaking. :blink:

Anyways, would be interested to hear what recommendations maybe lexus guy would have. Changed oil, tranny, coolant was fine. brakes will need new rear pads soon. other than that running like a top. very happy :D