92 Sc400 - A/c Filter Location

Hello, I've read all around about the musty smell on the SC400s. Apparently changing the A/C filter is the solution - but I can't find exactly where this filter is situated on my 92 model. Does anyone have details on where and how to get to it? thank you.

You may find that there is no filter at all and just find an empty slot after taking off the cover. I have a 93' SC3 and I don't have a filter like a lot of the others that posted on a past topic that covered this issue.

After JDOWEN2's instructions - I got in there ok - but then as you suggested .... no filter? Is that because it wasn't replaced or one doesn't exist? I've called the dealer and I'm heading off to pick one up for $50 ...

You were right - there weren't any filters. So I bought some at the dealer and later had troubles because there weren't any filters designed for my 92 SC400. However, with the ones they provided - I was able to clip off a bit of plastic around the edge to trim it up and managed to slide both filters into place. We'll see how they work - and it'll be a pain taking them out later ....

By the way - how do you know when it's time to change the filters??