98 Gs300 Cd Changer & Spare Key Q&a

post-9730-1117748161_thumb.jpgused to own a 97 LX450 which i traded in for a 98 GS300 hoping to get better gas mileage..... :cheers:

but the question i have is that my GS didnt come with a cd changer in the glove box. so i looked one up on ebay... when i read his ad he said that he had just bought the unit on ebay and claims that after receiving it he finds out that his GS is not prewired for the unit which is why it is back on the market. :chairshot:

do all 98 GS300 come not wired ??? and how do i check to see if it is ???

i was also told that it is a very expensive harness to buy from the dealer if its not prewired ....is this true ???? or can i get it elsewhere ??? :censored:

Second problem is that the car only came with one key which has the car alarm buttons on it ...... do i need to go to a dealership to get another one made ??? or can i get it done aftermarket just to have as a spare???? :blink:

post-9730-1117748161_thumb.jpgused to own a 97 LX450 which i traded in for a 98 GS300 hoping to get better gas mileage.....  :cheers:

but the question i have is that my GS didnt come with a cd changer in the glove box.  so i looked one up on ebay... when i read his ad he said that he had just bought the unit on ebay and claims that after receiving it he finds out that his GS is not prewired for the unit which is why it is back on the market.    :chairshot:

i was also told that it is a very expensive harness to buy from the dealer if its not prewired ....is this true ???? or can i get it elsewhere ???    :censored:

Second problem is that the car only came with one key which has the car alarm buttons on it ...... do i need to go to a dealership to get another one made ??? or can i get it done aftermarket just to have as a spare???? :blink:

I feel your pain when it comes to the cd changer. Lexus will swear up and down that the car is prewired - NOT. I have custom made wire harness for the factory changer and I also have the changers with cd magazines. EM or PM me for details.

i am not sure how to PM you properly i keep getting an error code.... anywho... if you can email me at jem7704@verizon.net with more info that would be great.... or just leave a post on here or ping me on AIM screen name carbonace

thanks

post-9730-1117748161_thumb.jpgused to own a 97 LX450 which i traded in for a 98 GS300 hoping to get better gas mileage..... :cheers:

but the question i have is that my GS didnt come with a cd changer in the glove box.  so i looked one up on ebay... when i read his ad he said that he had just bought the unit on ebay and claims that after receiving it he finds out that his GS is not prewired for the unit which is why it is back on the market.   :chairshot:

i was also told that it is a very expensive harness to buy from the dealer if its not prewired ....is this true ???? or can i get it elsewhere ???    :censored:

I feel your pain when it comes to the cd changer. Lexus will swear up and down that the car is prewired - NOT. I have custom made wire harness for the factory changer and I also have the changers with cd magazines. EM or PM me for details.

i am not sure how to PM you properly i keep getting an error code.... anywho... if you can email me at jem7704@verizon.net with more info that would be great.... or just leave a post on here or ping me on AIM screen name carbonace

thanks

post-9730-1117748161_thumb.jpgused to own a 97 LX450 which i traded in for a 98 GS300 hoping to get better gas mileage..... :cheers:

but the question i have is that my GS didnt come with a cd changer in the glove box.  so i looked one up on ebay... when i read his ad he said that he had just bought the unit on ebay and claims that after receiving it he finds out that his GS is not prewired for the unit which is why it is back on the market.   :chairshot:

Check your mail. B)

For your additional keys, the Dealers in Nebraska are getting $325 for the master; $260-275 for the key, $50 to program it...+ tax. The Valet key, which only is for ingintion and unlocking the doors was $147; $95 +prog +tax. If you bought it from a non-Lexus dealer, they can usually get the key for cost for you. When I traded for my 01 GS3, I had all the keys and keyless remotes for my Jeep and he gladly called Lexus and ordered the key for me. Saved 50 bucks. Hope this helps.