How To Program Amaster Key Of 2001_ Rx 300

nq517

Hi all ! I just bought a used 2001_ RX300,it come with only 1 master key. And I am going to buy a uncut master key,but I wonder that can I get it cut at my local locksmith and how to program my new master key? Any idea .....I'll appreciated.

Welcome to the board nq.

To answer your questions, if a locksmith can cut an uncut key, then all the better for you, but not every locksmith can. In a previous post, rsml51 said "...a locksmith with a laser cut machine can cut the key for you. Not all have it, because it is expensive. It cost me $30 to get the key cut."

Otherwise, precut keys matched to your VIN can be purchased from Lexus dealers and a couple of other places I think.

A new key would need to be programmed in two ways. The first thing you would need to do is program the key to be able to start the engine. The other programming step is to enable the remote lock and unlock feature if you obtained a 2nd remote master key.

For part 1 follow these steps.

Programming replacement keys. 1998 and up Lexus models

1. Enter the car with a working pre-programmed key and close all doors. Simultaneously depress and release both the brake and the accelerator pedals.

2. Within 5 seconds, insert the working pre-programmed key into the ignition. Do not turn the key.

3. Within 15 seconds of inserting the ignition key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 5 times.

4. Within 20 seconds, depress and release the brake pedal 6 times.

5. Within 10 seconds, remove the working pre-programmed key from the ignition.

6. Within 10 seconds, insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition.

7. Depress and release the accelerator pedal one time. The security light should now begin flashing to indicate that the computer is reading the new key and programming the system.

8. Leave the new key in the ignition for at least 60 seconds. When the security light stops flashing, the programming process should be complete

9. Start the vehicle using the new key to verify that programming was successful.

Now to program the remote ability go to this thread.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=ST&f=5&t=1916&

Good luck! B)