Telescope Steering

razahyde

my steering wheels telescope functions worked fine untill lately when i got in the car to adjust my steering (wife used it before me) the steering would not go down or up it would come out and go back in but not up and down.....so i left it there and then came back and this time it moved down about a centimeter and stopped....so now i can onl move it 1 centimeter at a time and this gets really annoying because sometimes i cant even get into the car without struggling <_<

id apprecaite it if someone can tell me how to fix this because its becomming a problem since my wife occasionally drives the car but lately due to the steering she hasnt she says she doesnt want to wait about 20 minutes to move the steering down a centimeter so shes back to using her ford expidition :D (saves me plently of miles and gas)

I have a ’96 LS400 with the exact same problem. There is a post in the forum that describes, with pictures, how to fix a stuck steering wheel, but I don’t know if that applies to our problem or not.

No, you just unravel some tape on the wire. It's been a while since we did mine, but undoing the tape is essentially the entire job. I have no idea what it does to the system, but believe me, it works-my steering wheel used to go to every position but the one I wanted, but now, it works fine.

haha i knew it was to good to be true i moved the wire back an inch and nothing changed my steering still tilts a little at a time, i might get my local mechanic to check it out he usually fixes this kind of stuff for me