Anyone With Tips For 1st Time Spark Plug Change?

Hi guys,

First time spark plug changer here on my 92 SC400. Got some NGK Iridiums that want to have a new home. I've done all of my previous cars no problem but when I got in close on the V8 here it was a little overwhelming with all the hoses and wires with tubes and intakes and all. Do I just take off components until I see the wires going down on the passenger side? Should I pick up a flexible extension to help out the job? There are some posts but no one really goes into detail.

:blink: Any advice would be appreciated, Cam.

Hi guys,

First time spark plug changer here on my 92 SC400.  Got some NGK Iridiums that want to have a new home.  I've done all of my previous cars no problem but when I got in close on the V8 here it was a little overwhelming with all the hoses and wires with tubes and intakes and all.  Do I just take off components until I see the wires going down on the passenger side?  Should I pick up a flexible extension to help out the job?  There are some posts but no one really goes into detail. 

:blink: Any advice would be appreciated, Cam.

This should help you . I don't have any more info at this time. Sorry !!!

sc400_plug_wires.pdf

The pictures show the spark plug locations, I'm fine with that but I'm not sure how to go about removing parts to get at them.  Thanks anyway, Cam.

Its been a while since I did it, but you have to remove all the upper plastic trim that sits on both sides covering the plugs. To access the right side you will have to remove the intake from the box to the throttle body. Once that is removed then you will have access to those long plastic spark plug covers that run on either side of the engine. Its not hard to remove those plastic covers but there are a few bolts that may by hard to find if its ur first time.