Lexus Ls460

Will there be an LS350 eventually?

My 92 LS only has 248HP each of which I am very happy about but a V6 powered LS in the same HP range would be my next choice.

I hope this new LS isn't too dramatic. I think the style they have out right now looks the best. A long wheelbase kinda scares me. For 15 years they have had the one body style. Now this change is coming. I guess they have to though. BMW just redesigned the 7, MB has a new body style coming out, Jaguar redesigned the X type, finally, and Audi's A8 looks pretty good. Almost all of these have ashort/long wheelbase except the MB. I hope pictures come out soon. And I wonder if they'll go I drive like everyones else. Weird how it was hated at first but now most luxury cars have something similar...

Thanks

Great info! Thats my next car, a mid model run 2007 LS460L or LS600hL. LOL, I gotta go make some bucks.

wwest- Naa, they'll never be a V6 LS. They're trying to move the LS upmarket, a V6 model would just be an anchor to that effect. They don't want anyone cross shopping E classes and 5 series with the LS anymore.

ED- It'll probably have some sort of I-Drive like controller. The reason everyone does that now is that they really have no choice. High dollar cars today have so many functions and menus the only way to control them efficiently on the road is with a controller like that.

As for the LWB, thats a neccesity. The LS is significantly shorter than the S class and 7 series, having a LWB option means that people than need/want that room can finally look at the LS. People who dont want that room can still buy the current legnth wheelbase.

I kind of like the way Infiniti went. Instead of putting all the controls within the I drive, they have out the major ones right at your habds. Sorry for the crappy pic but those white things are buttons for nav, stereo, etc.

Thanks

be_12_sb.JPG

I wonder what the next generation ES will be? how much horsepower is expected?? Anyone know? B)

It should have more HP & torque than the new Avalon.....I'm guessing 290+ & 270+ respectively. B)

:cheers: